Sturgeon is an expensive product, so fish should be chosen wisely. It is best to buy live fish, but this pleasure is worth the most. Not bad and chilled products, but not everyone can afford its price.
The average buyer most often chooses frozen fish. What kind of carcass to choose?
- It should be large (at least 3 kg). Small fish is very bony and not fat.
- The carcass must be intact, with whole fins and tail, without bruises and with clean gills.
- The fish should not be too much snow and thick glaze of ice.
If the bird is whole, it means that it was frozen only once. In this case, sturgeon dishes will come out delicious and aesthetic.
Sturgeon baked in Russian: preparing the carcass for cooking
Sturgeon is a very tasty fish, which can be cooked in different ways. But the traditional recipe is sturgeon, baked in sour cream according to the old Russian custom.
First you need to fish the fish. It is best to carry out the manipulation in rubber gloves. Wash the fish with cool running water, place it on a cutting board and firmly fix the tail. Scrape the sturgeon's skin carefully from the tail in the head. Then remove the gills and, opening the belly of the head, remove all the entrails. Now you need to remove the skin from the carcass. To do this, boil water in a large saucepan and, taking the carcass by the tail, lower it into boiling water for a couple of seconds. Then rinse it abruptly with cold water and immediately remove the skin and spikes on the back and sides.
Now cleaned sturgeon should be rubbed with salt and left for an hour. Fish should give juice, so that the dish of sturgeon in the oven turned out even juicier and tastier.
Sturgeon baked in Russian: recipe
While the carcass is soaked with salt and lets juice, you can do the preparation of the traditional sauce. To do this, boil 4 eggs and separate the yolks from them. Pound the yolks in a deep plate with a fork, add to them 200 grams of sour cream, half a teaspoon of nutmeg, 4 spoons of melted butter and 2 spoons of rosemary vinegar. Stir the sauce well.
This sturgeon dish is cooked in the oven, so heat it to 190 ° C. Put baking paper on a baking sheet and put the sturgeon carcass inside. Pour over fish with egg-cream sauce and sprinkle with breading. In its quality you can use the familiar breadcrumbs or corn grits. Then lightly sprinkle the sturgeon dish with olive oil and pour over lemon juice. Use for this half citrus. Send the fish to the oven for half an hour.
Carefully place the finished fish on a flat dish and garnish with lettuce, parsley and fresh vegetables. Boiled potatoes are perfect for garnish.
How to cook the sturgeon in Rockefeller?
Rockefeller sturgeon is a dish of American cuisine, but it is perfect for our festive table.
First you need to cook vegetable broth. To do this, immerse carrots and onions, allspice and bay leaves in boiling water. Boil 15 minutes. Then add washed sturgeon fillet to the broth and cook on low heat for 20 minutes. Then remove the fillet and cut into portions.
In a bowl, beat 5 chicken eggs and dip the sturgeon pieces in them. Then the fish should be rolled in breadcrumbs and put on the grill in the oven (it is better to sprinkle with oil beforehand. Fry a delicious dish of sturgeon for 20 minutes until golden and ruddy.
For the sauce, mix 3 tablespoons of sugar, 300 grams of mayonnaise, one grated horseradish root and salt. Serve the fish should be hot with rice or fresh vegetables and sauce in a separate bowl. Plates can be decorated with olives, corn or lemon.
Italian sturgeon recipe
Sturgeon in tomato sauce is an authentic Italian dish, popular not only in its homeland, but also in Asia, Russia, the USA. Preparing sturgeon for this recipe quickly, but it turns out very delicate and fragrant.
Fillet of sturgeon should be well poured boiling water, then cut into pieces and put into the pan, again pour boiling water. Add salt, pepper, parsnip root or parsley to the fish. Within 30 minutes, the fish must be extinguished over medium heat.
In this dish plays an important role garnish. It is prepared on the basis of green peas, which must be boiled. Then chop 100 grams of champignons and fry in vegetable oil. Also boil 15 cancerous necks and peel off the shell. Mix the garnish ingredients.
Needed and sauce. To make it into the pan, add a little butter, melt it and add 2 tablespoons of flour.
Pass it, then pour in a bit of fish broth, tomatoes, salt and sugar. Boil the sauce. Put the fish in the center of the plate, serve a side dish around and pour all the tomato sauce.
Recipe for sturgeon in the oven
Rinse the sturgeon fillet under running water and cut into portions. Also, wash 150 grams of cauliflower and broccoli, dry them and divide into florets.
Take a deep pan and grease it with butter. Place the sturgeon slices on the bottom and cauliflower inflorescences around the bottom. Then salt the dish, pepper, gently and evenly pour the cream. Place frozen green peas on top. Send the baking tray to the heated oven for half an hour, then remove and let stand for a couple of minutes before serving.
It is served as a main dish, it does not need a side dish, since baked vegetables serve as a side dish. If desired, you can add to the fish and vegetables, mashed potatoes or rice.
How to cook steam sturgeon?
Sturgeon, steamed, retains a significant number of nutrients and is less caloric. This sturgeon dish at home is easy to cook.
Cut sturgeon into portions, it is better to use no fillets. Salt and pepper the fish, then place the steamers on the grill. The sturgeon skin should be on top. Slice the olives (use the whole jar) into rings and place them on the fish. Steam the sturgeon until cooked, about 25 minutes.
Sauce is very important! To prepare it, take one tablespoon of flour and sift it. Then fry the flour in a pan with butter, pour 1.5 cups of fish broth from a double boiler and cook for 10 minutes. Strain the ready sauce, add another 10 grams of butter and lemon juice.
Arrange the ready dish in plates, decorating with greens and red caviar. As a garnish, fresh vegetables or mushrooms stewed with onions are perfect.
Tsar fish can be served not only as a main dish, but also used for salads. Very good salad "Azerbaijan".
Divide the sturgeon by removing thorns and bones, and boil in salted water until tender. Then remove skin from the fish, lightly salt and cool. Boil potatoes and carrots (one by one), peel and cut into cubes. Peel one apple and cut into slices. Finely chop the watercress. All components of the salad mix in a bowl, season with sour cream. When serving, decorate with herbs and olives.
The sturgeon salad with persimmon is also popular. This unusual dish will surely surprise guests at the holiday table.
Boil the sturgeon fillet, cool and cut into small pieces. Persimmon (2 pieces), clean the peel and seeds, cut into cubes. Remove half a lemon from zest and seeds, finely chop. Mix fish and persimmon, season with sour cream and paprika. Top with crushed lemon. Before serving, the salad must be cooled.
How to cook the ear of sturgeon?
The sturgeon dishes, the photos of which you see in the article, are tasty and nutritious. But, of course, you can not ignore the first dishes that can be prepared from this wonderful fish. Especially good soup that leaves no waste, that is, questions about where to put your head and fins, does not arise. All goes to broth!
Leave the main part of the carcass to prepare the second dish. Take the head, tail, fins, pieces of cut skin, cut out vertebra and a little fillet itself. Put everything (except the fillet) in the pan and put it on the fire. Be sure to remove the forming foam.
While the broth is preparing, peel and dice the potatoes, carrot into cubes. Onion cut in half, chop your favorite greens.
When the broth boils and the foam will form much less, put onions and carrots in a saucepan. Then add salt, peppercorns and bay leaf. Boil your ear for 40 minutes, then strain it through a fine sieve and put it on fire again. Add potatoes and chopped onions in your ear. Then pour the sturgeon fillet and cook for another 20 minutes. Ear ready! It should be served with half a boiled egg and fresh herbs.
The secrets of cooking fish
Useful recommendations will help to prepare and bake sturgeon correctly.
- For cooking it is better to use fresh or chilled fish. If the sturgeon was sold frozen, you should carefully examine it: the carcass should have a smooth color, dark brown gills, a moderate amount of mucus, and the usual fish smell.
- Before baking, sturgeon is washed, cleaned, and the entrails are removed. To cope with the rigid scales of fish, the carcass is pre-doused with boiling water. Wizzig (chord, dorsal cord) are removed through a circular incision at the base of the tail.
- If the sturgeon is cooked in the oven as a whole, the head and tail are not removed, only the gills and fins are cut out.
- You can disguise the peculiar smell of fish by rubbing it with a mixture of dry parsley, thyme and black pepper.
- In order for the sturgeon meat to be cooked tasty, baked and not dry, you should use a carcass weighing up to 3 kg.
- How much bake fish? The cooking time depends on the size of the sturgeon: a small carcass will be cooked in 25–30 minutes, a large one - in 45–60 minutes.
- The sturgeon is tasty in itself, therefore it is not necessary to abuse spices. It is enough to season the baked dish with black pepper, garlic, lemon juice, thyme, thyme, fresh greens.
Whole sturgeon baking
Even a novice chef will make baked sturgeon in the oven entirely according to this recipe.
For 4-5 servings you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 kg of sturgeon,
- 1 lemon,
- 80 g low-fat mayonnaise,
- 50 g of greens: parsley, onion, dill,
- 50 ml of olive oil,
- salt and spices to taste.
- Gutted and washed fish rubbed with salt and spices.
- Greens finely chopped and mixed with mayonnaise.
- The resulting mixture is stuffed with sturgeon, the abdominal walls are connected with toothpicks.
- The fish is shifted back onto the foil sheet.
- Along the ridge sturgeon make shallow transverse incisions. Into the resulting holes insert halves of lemon slices.
- The fish is watered with oil and juice from the remains of a lemon, then carefully wrapped in foil.
- The sturgeon is placed in preheated to 200 ° C for 30 minutes.
- The finished fish is removed from the foil and put on a flat plate.
Stuffed Fish Recipe
This delicacy symbolizes the wealth and generosity of the family. Any red fish can be used as a filling, and sturgeon can be replaced with sterlet.
Components required for 4 servings:
- 1 small sturgeon (up to 1 kg),
- 250 g salmon fillet,
- 1 onion,
- 1 carrot,
- 1 raw egg
- salt and seasoning to taste
- oil for frying.
- Carrots and onions are crushed and passer in oil until soft.
- Salmon is cut into wide slices and sprinkled with spices.
- Mix the fried vegetables, egg and salmon.
- Sturgeon cleaned, washed. In the pulp make several shallow cuts. The carcass is salted and seasoned.
- Inside the sturgeon fish and vegetable stuffing is evenly laid out.
- Both parts of the fish are joined with small skewers.
- Sturgeon spread on a baking sheet with foil and cooked at 160 ° C for 50 minutes.
Delicate sturgeon steaks under an appetizing cheese crust is a very tasty and satisfying dish for an everyday ration and a festive menu.
List of products for 4–6 servings:
- 1 medium sturgeon,
- 2 bulbs,
- 150 g Dutch cheese,
- half a lemon,
- 20 ml of vegetable oil,
- 40 g sparing sour cream,
- salt and ground black pepper.
How to cook sturgeon in the oven slices?
- They clean out the abdomen of sturgeon, remove the skin with scales, cut off the head and tail.
- The carcass is cut into medium pieces.
- Chopped fish salt, pepper, poured over freshly squeezed lemon juice. In this form, sturgeon is left to marinate in the refrigerator for 25 minutes.
- The baking dish is oiled.
- Peeled onions cut large rings and laid out at the bottom of the form. Slightly salted.
- From above evenly distribute the pieces of fish. Each is smeared with sour cream and sprinkled with grated cheese.
- The dish is sent to preheated to 190 ° C for 35 minutes.
The secret lies not only in the taste of sturgeon, but also in the correct presentation: for decoration use a large number of all sorts of ingredients.
For 6–8 servings you will need:
- 2.5 g sturgeon carcass,
- 600 g fresh champignons,
- 2 carrots,
- 2 onions,
- 1 lemon,
- 120 ml of olive oil,
- 100 ml cream 20% fat,
- 3 g dried coriander.
- fresh vegetables: radishes, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers,
- boiled crayfish
- salad leaves,
- fresh parsley.
- Mushrooms are coarsely chopped and fried in oil until the liquid is completely evaporated.
- Crushed onions are added to the browned mushrooms, and grated carrots after 2 minutes.
- The contents of the pan are salted, gloved and cooked for 5 minutes. At the end add the cream, mix.
- Lemon cut into semi-shell.
- Sturgeon clean, gut, wash. The head and tail are not cut off.
- Inside the carcass make several cuts and put in them the pieces of lemon.
- Fish is stuffed with mushroom stuffing, seasoned with coriander. The belly is "sewn up" with toothpicks.
- Stuffed sturgeon is wrapped in 2 layers of foil and cooked in an oven at 180 ° C for 30 minutes. Then the foil is unrolled and the fish is baked until browning (about 15 minutes).
Sturgeon in vegetables
The fish cooked in this way is tasty and very juicy. The sturgeon recipe can be changed at will, adding new vegetables.
Ingredients for 5 servings:
- 500 g sturgeon (fillet),
- 500 grams of potatoes
- 4 onions,
- 2 carrots,
- 1 bell pepper,
- 200 ml of tomato juice,
- seasoning to taste
- vegetable oil.
- Fillet cut into pieces, sprinkled with salt, spices and leave for 30 minutes.
- Potatoes are cut into medium thick slices and boiled for 10 minutes.
- Onions cut half-hen, pepper and carrots - straw. Vegetables are fried in butter until golden.
- Half boiled potatoes spread on a baking sheet, salt.
- Place sticks of sturgeon on top.
- Next, put the fried vegetables and the remnants of potatoes.
- The contents of the pan sprinkled with tomato juice.
- The dish is baked at 220 ° C for 40 minutes.
Due to its appearance and taste, an appetizing sturgeon snack is a true culinary masterpiece. A selection of recipes will help to quickly and satisfyingly feed the family and surprise guests.
Some useful information
The sturgeon belongs to the sturgeon family and is found in the basins of many seas, such as the Caspian, Azov and Black. Also, these aquatic inhabitants can be found in freshwater bodies of water, for example, in large rivers: in the Volga, the Urals, the Kama. The sturgeon is difficult to confuse with other representatives, because it has pronounced external data, such as the needle-shaped processes running along the spine, as well as the rounded and flattened nose part of the head, called the snout.
What is useful sturgeon? This fish is very valuable in cooking, and for good reason, because it contains protein, omega-3 and omega-6 polyunsaturated fatty acids, phosphorus, vitamins D, E and A, as well as other nutrients. The caloric value of 100 grams of the product is about 110-130 calories.
Regular use of sturgeon will help strengthen hair, nails and bones, increase brain activity, ensure proper muscle function, stimulate the formation of new healthy cells, and improve skin condition.
The cost of 1 kilogram of fresh sturgeon varies from 600-700 rubles to 1-1.5 thousand, depending on the region.
How to make the right choice?
Sturgeon is sold in stores and on the official markets in frozen, chilled and fresh. It is better to buy fresh or chilled fish, but it is not available in all regions. When buying it is worth paying attention to the flesh: it should be quite elastic and have a pleasant pink and beige shade. No damage, dents and stains on the surface can not be. The smell is characteristic fish, but fresh, but not putrid.
How to clean the sturgeon? Its preparation is not as simple as the pre-treatment of other fish, which is associated with some features of the structure of the body. To make the dish tasty and, most importantly, safe, act in stages:
- First, wash the sturgeon well in cool water, then pour boiling water: this will remove the mucus from the surface.
- Next, with a sharp knife, carefully cut off the needle-like growths running along the back.
- Then you need to carve the carcass. To do this, flip the belly of the fish and carefully remove all the contents from it. It is important to proceed with caution so as not to damage the gallbladder, otherwise the pulp will spoil and go rancid.
- Now you need to remove the so-called sisigu - vertebral chord, which can be poisonous without proper treatment. To do this, at the base of the tail, make an incision to the bone, smooth out the vertebra and begin to twist the tail, as it were. When a white-transparent vein appears, pull it: it should be easily removed from the ridge.
- Далее ошпарьте тушку кипятком или на пару минут поместите в горячую воду. Сделав надрез по хребту, можно снять кожицу, начав от хвоста и продвигаясь к голове.
Вкусного осетра можно приготовить в духовке. For this you will need:
- 1400-1500 g of sturgeon fillet or about two kilogram carcass,
- three large onions,
- 250-300 g of mayonnaise,
- vegetable oil,
- ground pepper (black is better),
- The carcass of sturgeon should be cut and cut into rather thin steaks. If you use a fillet, then it is cut into pieces about one and a half centimeters thick.
- Peel the onion, cut into half rings or rings.
- Dill greens after washing, dry, chop.
- Take a baking pan or baking sheet, grease the walls and bottom with vegetable oil.
- Lay on the bottom a layer of onion half rings or rings, put a thin layer of chopped sturgeon on them, sprinkle it with salt, chopped dill and pepper, and grease with mayonnaise.
- Next, lay the ingredients in layers, not forgetting to salt, sprinkle with dill and pepper sturgeon. The last thing should be mayonnaise, it forms an appetizing crust on the surface of the dish and prevents burning.
- Place the baking tray in an oven preheated to 190 degrees for about an hour. To make the dish more juicy, the form can be covered with a lid or wrapped in foil.
Grilled or charcoal can be cooked fragrant sturgeon skewers. You will need the following ingredients:
- 1.5 kg sturgeon,
- 2 large onions,
- 2 bell peppers,
- 2 tomatoes
- 2/3 cup of white semi-sweet or dry wine,
- the fifth or fourth glass of olive or vegetable oil,
- half a lemon,
- ground pepper,
- Cut sturgeon into medium sized cubes. Immerse them in the marinade, which is a mixture of vegetable oil, pepper, lemon juice, salt and white wine. Leave the fish to marinate for a couple of hours.
- Prepare the vegetables. Tomatoes cut into slices, onions and Bulgarian pepper - rather large rings. All this salt and pepper if desired.
- Put vegetables and fish on skewers or skewers.
- Next, cook the skewers on the coals or grill until the crust appears.
Sturgeon in sauce
Try to make a juicy and fragrant sturgeon. To do this, you need the following ingredients:
- 1 kg of sturgeon fillet,
- half a pack of butter,
- two eggs,
- half a cup of sour cream,
- two tablespoons of flour,
- a small amount of broth (preferably fish),
- Sturgeon should be cut into portions. Next, rub them with salt and pepper and leave for a while. In the bowl, break the eggs, shake them.
- In the pan warm the butter. Immerse chunks of fish, first in flour, then in egg mixture, and then in breadcrumbs. Fry sturgeon on each side until golden brown.
- Next, put all the roasted pieces in a refractory container, after having been lubricated with oil.
- From the remaining oil in the pan, prepare the sauce. To do this, bring it to a boil again, then pour in the broth. When the composition boils, reduce heat to minimum and add sour cream, as well as chopped dill, pepper and salt.
- Ready sauce pour sturgeon. Send the container, uncovered, to an oven heated to 170 degrees for fifteen minutes.
Now you can cook some interesting and sophisticated dishes from sturgeon and please the household or guests.
- Sturgeon (mine was 1.200)
- 2 onions (for baking cushion)
- Dill and parsley to taste
- ½ lemon (for filling and decoration)
- Mayonnaise for decoration
- Vegetable oil (for lubrication of fish)
- Salt, black pepper to taste
- Fresh vegetables and lettuce leaves for serving
The most common recipe for sturgeon, consider boiled sturgeon. It does not require a lot of skills, and the result is a great dietary meal. Fish can be cooked whole or pre-cut. Take a pot of the required volume, pour the amount of water in which it will cover all the fish. To boil water. Carefully put sturgeon in boiling water. Boil for about 10 minutes. Next, you should put 2-3 leaves of bay leaf, add allspice peppercorns and salt to taste. Cook for about 10 more minutes and turn it off. All is ready. Try sturgeon and treat friends better when the fish is cold. Cooling is desirable in the same water, where it is boiled. Eating a piece of boiled tasty fish, and even drinking a fragrant rich broth will be useful to everyone. As an elderly person, so a child.
Sturgeon is considered a real panacea for such an insidious disease like atherosclerosis. Its meat is rich in its content of fatty and other acids, which reduce the level of cholesterol in the shelter. With regular and moderate use of sturgeon, you can adjust the pressure and metabolic processes in your body. Sturgeon has a positive effect even on the renewal of the skin.
The sturgeon kebabs are very tasty. When preparing them not necessary used as ingredients for marinade vinegar or mayonnaise. They spoil the flavor of this delicious fish. For marinade it is best to use dry white wine. For fish weighing 1 kg, you need 1 cup of wine, 2 spoons of vegetable oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper to taste. Also in the marinade, you can add chopped onions, bell peppers or tomatoes. Marinated for 2 hours.
And then grill, hot coals and skewers. Do not worry - sturgeon meat is dense and does not fall down. If you have not tried this delicacy, you need to fix it urgently.
Sturgeon cooking recipes in the oven
It is easy to cook and sturgeon in sour cream, baked in the oven. To do this, cut the prepared fish into portions, pre-salt and pepper to taste, then roll the pieces into flour and egg, fry on both sides and put in separate dishes.
Now let's do the pouring: take a spoonful of flour and pour it into the pan (sturgeon can also be fried there), add 150-200 g of fish broth, stir and bring to a boil. Then you need to remove everything from the heat, add to pepper, salt, 100-120 g of sour cream. We got a tasty sour cream sauce.
Now we heat the oven to 200 ° C, put roasted sturgeon in a baking dish, pour the prepared gravy and send it to the oven for 10 minutes. We take out, decorate beautifully with greens and enjoy the tasty and healthy dish.
Whoever likes the sturgeon more sharply, we offer the following recipe for it:
Fish should be cut in layers. The width of one should not exceed 1.5 cm. Salt and pepper, you can squeeze out lemon juice. Then lay out 1 layer in a deep form or a pan, pre-lubricated with vegetable oil, the next will be a layer of onion meadows, then lubricate the mayonnaise, you can add chopped greens. Spread alternately - fish, onions, mayonnaise.
When everything is ready, cover the pan with a lid and send it to the oven preheated to 250 ° C. After 20-30 minutes, the wonderful baked sturgeon is ready. Decorate and serve give this dish well with fresh vegetables - bell peppers, tomatoes, olives and lemon.
Recipe for cooking sturgeon whole
If you cook the sturgeon whole, and then carefully put it on a special dish, beautifully decorate it with lemon, garnish and sprigs of greens - it will be just a fish king among all the snacks.
We take a prepared carcass of fish, rub it with salt, pepper, squeeze lemon juice both outside and inside (do not forget about the sense of proportion and the tastes of those you will treat). Fill the belly of the fish with finely chopped greens. Carefully tie up the carcass with a special cord (thread does not look aesthetically pleasing).
After dressing, pour evenly 2 spoons of vegetable oil on the fish. We spread out the foil on the prepared baking sheet, wrap up our handsome man and send it to the preheated oven to 200 ° C.
Usually the fish do not need much time to reach readiness - 40-50 minutes is enough. While the sturgeon is baked, we are preparing a beautiful dish for it with a side dish on the edges. We take the fish out of the oven, gently unfold the foil, cut the string and lay it on the prepared bed. You can additionally decorate the cooked delicacy. Although, as usual, delicacies do not particularly need jewelry. They are so good.