Before analyzing the cons of burning vouchers, it is worth getting into the essence of this concept. The word "burning" means that the trip will have to meet as soon as possible. But the price of the tour will be more than affordable, and therefore such offers are in demand.
But what caused incredible discounts at times? Price reduction can be done for several reasons. The first is the refusal of a voucher previously acquired by another person. In this case, the tour operator is looking for ways to sell it as soon as possible so as not to lose money.
The second reason is the lack of demand for certain offers. Often last minute tickets are offered in the off season. During such periods, there are few tourists in popular countries, and in order not to be at a loss, companies offer trips at discounted prices.
What are the dangerous vouchers? They have the following disadvantages:
- Need quick fees. Usually last-minute tours are sold literally within a few days before departure, so you have to buy everything you need and pack your bags as soon as possible, and this often leads to the omission of important items on the tourist list. In addition, not everyone has the opportunity to quickly and without problems to take due leave according to the law. Usually, even a well-deserved rest is provided only at a certain time, and the authorities must be warned about their intentions in advance.
- Return a ticket can not be. Yes, unlike pre-booked trips, last minute is not subject to return or exchange. So if a force majeure situation suddenly arises, then in any case you will lose money, unless, of course, you find a new buyer (which is unlikely).
- The lack of choice, and this applies both to the date and time of departure, and to the hotel, transport and other important points. In other words, the travel company will decide everything for you, and you will have to be content with what the operator provides.
- Quality rest. Few tourists who bought last minute tours manage to enjoy a full and memorable holiday. This is only possible if the client for some reason refused to go. In other cases, the quality of services provided by tour operators leaves much to be desired. For example, trips sold in the offseason or at the end of the season are usually not of high quality. As a rule, hotels and transport are provided that are not too demanded and not completely filled. And the lack of demand for them is usually associated with dissatisfaction with travelers and negative reviews.
- It is very difficult to find a truly profitable and at the same time high-quality and suitable for you in all parameters. Often cheap tours with good conditions “fly away” like hot cakes. And in order to find something really worthwhile and satisfying to all requests, you must either constantly browse the websites of agencies, have relatives or friends among employees of travel agencies, or just spend the night in such companies or constantly be on duty at their doors, tracking all offers.
- It is no secret that many last minute and supposedly lucrative offers involve trips in the off-season. And in some countries during such periods there is simply nothing to do, while in others it can be dangerous at all. So, you can get to the "paradise" in the rainy season, cold weather or typhoon. And then you will not succeed in not only enjoying the warm and calm sea, but simply relaxing without a care.
- Various problems. A travel company may simply not have time before you arrive at your destination to resolve all organizational issues, including booking a hotel. And then you will have to either wait, or be content with another proposed option (and it may not suit you or even disappoint you), or seek temporary housing on your own. In any case, the rest will be spoiled.
- Problems with documents. In some countries there is a visa regime, and it may take a long time to get all the necessary documents. Of course, often tour operators incur such concerns, but this does not give you a guarantee that everything will be completed fully and efficiently. And if the agents hurry or in a hurry something to miss, then you may simply not be allowed into the state and sent back, or even considered to be a violator or a criminal.
How to choose a hot tour?
What should a tourist do in order to save money and enjoy a quality holiday?
- Do not chop off the shoulder. Yes, it is necessary to make a decision quickly, but often tour operators deliberately force events and hurry customers in order not to remain at a loss. So do not listen if you are forced to purchase a tour immediately, even without documents and money. Come home, think carefully, weigh all the pros and cons, clarify all the important points, study the reviews about the company and the hotel, and only then agree to purchase if everything suits you.
- If you intend to buy a burning tour, you should not go to the first available travel company. Examine a few sentences and constantly monitor new ones, so as not to miss the really profitable and completely satisfactory for you. And trust only agencies with an impeccable reputation.
- Price should not be the main and decisive selection criterion. Yes, the cost can be very attractive, but, as they say, "free cheese is only in a mousetrap." And chasing discounts, you can overlook the quality of rest. In addition, too low a price should alert, because the company definitely will not sell tours at a loss, which means that the range of services and costs are minimal.
- If you are still unlucky, do not be upset. In the end, this is an adventure that you will definitely remember. So just relax and enjoy the new atmosphere and new emotions.
Plus last minute deals
First of all, it is an opportunity to buy a ticket to the most popular resorts and countries at a bargain price. We convince you that if the price is reduced, this does not mean that the quality of service will deteriorate. If you are in doubt, then thoroughly examine the range of services that are registered (it must indicate the type of food, type of accommodation, length of stay at the hotel, excursion program and insurance). The most common resorts include Egypt, Turkey, Thailand, Tunisia.
Cons Last Minute
The main and most significant disadvantage is that the ticket cannot be planned and foreseen. To her can not be prepared as it should. Most often, you will learn about this opportunity to rest for 2-4 days. In this case, you should pack your bags as quickly as possible. Another issue that should be resolved very quickly is the purchase of air and railway tickets to the place of departure of the aircraft. So, for example, you live in a provincial city, and the "burning voucher" begins its action from the capital.
Waiting for a "burning tour", you have no idea where it will turn out. Uncertainty very often depresses tourists, and suppresses quivering feelings. It is difficult to accurately plan your vacation. Here the rule “Take it and enjoy it, the other will not be anyway.”
You also can not predict what money you need. We advise you to take dollars and euros with you and exchange them for the national currency at your place of residence.