What is an integral part for any living organism? Of course the movement! And the more of it is present in our life, the healthier, more beautiful, tougher, smarter we are, and so it can continue indefinitely. An active lifestyle brings up a leader in each of us, because while engaging in any kind of sports, we set certain goals on a subconscious level and go to fulfill them or over-fulfill (run 1km, drive 10km, catch up 15 times, etc.)
To buy a bicycle means to take the first step in teaching the child to keep balance with confidence. Not a single sports apparatus trains muscle memory in such a way and does not motivate to do this again and again. Only a bicycle is able to make these trainings not only useful, but also give a lot of unforgettable emotions and impressions. In addition to maintaining balance, cycling contributes to the active growth of the muscular frame, not only in the hip area, but also in the back and even arms. What to say about the legs ... Every day, riding a bicycle, your child trains the heart, prepares it for important life challenges.
How to choose the right bike for a child to grow
But not everything is as perfect as it seems, especially if picking up a bike is wrong. Many buyers, resorting to the choice of the first bike for a child, are guided only by the age of the child, which is fundamentally wrong. After all, children, depending on gender or inherited characteristics, can have radically different growths at the same age.
And modern bikes are designed in such a way that one particular model can cover a child’s growth range of only 20-30 cm. Let's take a look at the numbers (see the tables below). As can be seen from the statistics that have been collected and collected for whole years, the scale of growth of the child and his age is cardinal. Yes, such that you can safely miss with the choice of the correct diameter of the wheels of the bike and the growth of the child choosing great for age. What you obviously destroy all attempts to attach the child to the bike, and even spend the money in vain.
With growth, we figured out, how now apply this knowledge to the choice of a bicycle for kids? Modern bikes are selected for a certain range of growth of the child, depending on the diameter of the wheels. More details can be seen in the picture below.
Based on the growth characteristics of the child, we proceed to the choice of the bike itself. Let's take a little look at their types and determine which is better:
12 '' wheels - these bikes are suitable for children with growth from 85cm to 105cm. They are necessarily equipped with additional wheels, protecting all sharp and protruding parts. Such bikes are suitable for children from 1.5 years to 4 years and are the first full-fledged bike. Recently, the so-called begelove with the same wheel diameter. Their advantage is that the child is easier to learn to keep balance, because he does not need to think even the rotation of the pedals. The bike-riders completely lack pedals and transmission, which made it possible to significantly ease the entire structure.
16 '' wheels - bicycles of this type are suitable for children with growth in the range of 95-115cm. They are still equipped with training wheels and have all the necessary means of protection against injuries. In this standard, kids ride between the ages of 3 and 5 years, when they are smart enough to pedal and keep their balance. After a few weeks of riding, you can slowly remove the extra wheels and give the child the opportunity to drive without safety net.
18 "wheels - this standard has appeared as a panacea for parents who have delayed the child from cycling. And even if the child is suitable for riding on a 20" bicycle, some parents want to buy a bicycle with training wheels so as not to waste time on independent training. The spread of the growth of these bikes is 100-120cm.
20 "wheels - it is believed that a child who has reached a height of 110-130 cm and ages 5-8 years old can quickly grab skills for maintaining balance and pedaling. Therefore, training wheels are no longer installed on such bicycles. Thanks to the cleverness of children at a given age, some models can be equipped transmission with speeds.
24 "diameter - is considered a teenage type and is suitable for children with a height of 130-150 cm. Often these models are a reduced copy of adult bicycles, have a full-fledged multi-speed transmission and even a suspension fork.
When buying a bike should be careful. Should take into account seasonal indicators. Simply put, if you decide to buy a bicycle to a child at the end of the season, be careful - after all, during the autumn and winter period, the child will pick up a couple or even more centimeters, and on a purchased, seemingly correctly chosen bicycle, he will not be comfortable. Think on before, but do not overdo it,).
What threatens the wrong wheel diameter for a child?
If you thought that all children's bikes differ only in wheel diameter, then we dare to disappoint you. Depending on the size of the wheels, changing the length and height of the frame, the width of the steering wheel and seats. Also, the bike can be with added wheels or without, which is important for small children who can not ride.
When choosing a children's bike with wheels more than you need:
- the child will reach for the pedals all the time, as a result of which the fifth point will be rubbed and the ride time will decrease by several times,
- as a rule, bicycles are bigger - harder, respectively, they are harder to carry and accelerate,
- the child will be tense all the time, because he will have to reach for the steering wheel, which is installed further than necessary.
When choosing a bike for children with wheels less than necessary:
- it will be inconvenient for the baby to turn the pedals and the steering wheel;
- the weight of the child will be distributed on the seating area, much less than he needs, respectively, this is fraught with unpleasant sensations - pressing and rubbing the fifth point.
- the child’s legs will not be fully extended and he will not be able to fully accelerate, ride and enjoy the ride.
You liked the article and you want to use the materials placed in it on your resource? Write to us. Copying without notice is prohibited!
What to focus on when choosing a bike
When buying a first bike, one should prefer the real model, rather than the virtual one, ordered via the Internet. In reality, the degree of compliance of a bicycle to a child's age is better perceived. It is advisable to make a purchase of two-wheeled transport with the future owner of a new bike.
We take out the bike on a flat surface, so that the child threw his leg over the frame. Visually we estimate the distance from the crotch of the intended rider to the frame. The optimal distance is 5–10 cm so that the child does not get hurt by the iron construction of the bike when abruptly stopped or jumped. With a smaller distance, the model is not worth taking, but you should look for a slightly larger bike.
In a sitting position, the child should be able to reach without difficulty the lowest point of the pedals directly with a straight leg. Since bent legs - the wrong position, it is necessary to resort to adjusting the saddle. By adjusting it for child growth, the further ride of the child will be comfortable and safe.
In case of incorrect position of the saddle in the model you like, it is advisable to use the services of a bicycle workshop to shorten the seatpost.
It is necessary to ensure the children's knees free play and a comfortable position of the back. This is achieved by adjusting the height and tilt of the steering wheel. When pedaling it is unacceptable to touch the steering wheel with your knees.
Considered the weight of the bike. It should be easy for the child to lift the stairs and carry the rover. Thus, the steel product has a considerable weight, although the design and durable. Bicycles designed for children are made primarily of aluminum. Accordingly, they weigh less.
Security. It is very important to look at the design of the cycle chain. A suitable option if the mechanism is protected from above with a metal cover. Such protection eliminates the accidental hit of children's pants directly into the chain. Still, there are models that neglect this protection.
Equipment brakes. The model must have a quality foot brake, thanks to which you can easily stop. Braking is caused by the reverse rotation of the pedals. It is extremely undesirable to use hand brakes for children, since it is very difficult for a child to quickly react with his hand and hold them tightly. In addition, children tend to get confused.
Bike height. This parameter, along with the steering angle, is taken into account for safety reasons. Comfortable holding the steering wheel allows the child to safely make even turns. Adjusting the angle by 90 degrees is unacceptable, because the little man can get a strong blow from the steering wheel when falling.
What should not be. If the child does not have the intended power in the hands to clamp the hand brakes, let him use only the rear. There is no need to change gears either. This is due to the children's inability to simultaneously maintain balance, switch those transmissions and watch the road.
Choosing a place to buy a children's bike
The market should be discarded immediately, even if there are bright rovers with moderate cost. Typically, market models have a very short life span. The ideal option is to choose a bike for a child in a specialty store.
It is here that all models are considered in detail, and the seller will competently advise. At the same time, the buyer receives a warranty card for the maintenance of children's transport. Warranty conditions provide for the possibility of exchanging a defective model, if one falls.
Preference should be given to trusted companies that have their own pages on the Internet. Even if you have to pay a little more, but the kit with a quality model is complemented by reliable components that allow you to adjust your favorite children's unit.
Rovers for crumbs
Presumably, bicycles designed for the age category from a year to three years are equipped with 12-inch wheels. Such a bike is ideal for child growth up to 98 cm. A series of bicycles for crumbs - compact and light variations. This includes tricycle units that have a handle for parental control, as well as routers with pedals on the front wheel.
It is worth mentioning bicycles running. In Europe, such a unique transport is considered to be the ideal option for the very first acquaintance of the little one with the bicycle world. The car is presented in the form of a two-wheeled bike and is not equipped with pedals. Her task is to teach the baby to maintain balance.
It turns out that only a minority of children are able to pedal and maintain balance simultaneously. It is precisely because of the running leg that the kid is able to develop the speed characteristic of his age, without risking a fall. At the same time, the crumb learns balance.
The weight of a runbike usually does not reach 5 kg, which is considered an additional plus for parents. Due to the possibility of adjusting the seat, and in some models, and the steering wheel, you can still roll the baby for a while, even when he is a little older. This is a very economical effect on finances, since there is no need to buy a new model.
Choosing a two-wheeled vehicle for 4 years
So, the child grew up and became more active and courageous. It is time to allow the kid to independently manage this bike. Most parents pay attention mainly to the four-wheel models, which are equipped with two large 12-inch wheels and training wheels on the sides. Additional wheels are easily removed when the children are gathered enough confidence to drive without support.
The development of such an adult vehicle implies a somewhat greater concern of the parents for the safety of the baby. Usually they think of little children during production, equipping the steering wheel with rubber protection, due to which the children's head is protected from possible impacts as a result of sudden braking. Bicycle chain is also equipped with a cover. Child seats make comfortable and reliable, which is important for a comfortable ride.
Choose a bike for growth
The main criterion for choosing a bike is the growth of the child and his physical development. Pediatricians give the go-ahead bike to children from 70–75 cm tall (approximately 2 years). If the baby is firmly on its feet, it is actively running, its movements are coordinated - you can safely buy a bicycle.
Due to the fact that the height of the seat and the height of the steering wheel - the values are adjustable in most models, when choosing a bike, you must proceed from the child's height to fit the wheels.
Due to the fact that all children are individual, experts recommend focusing not on age, but on the growth of the child. If the baby is 6 years old and he is 115 cm tall, select a bike model with a wheel of 20 inches. The child will quickly stretch out, and a model with 16-inch wheels will be uncomfortable for him.
As for the frame size, this parameter is taken into account when choosing bicycles for adults. The child needs to choose a bike in height, the size and configuration of the frame do not matter.
Put your baby on a bicycle before buying. With minimal seating of the seat and steering wheel, the child’s foot should be fully extended at the bottom of the pedal. When passing a pedal full circle, the child should not touch the wheel with his knee. For children up to 120 cm tall, the steering wheel in the lowest position should be at chest level. Children taller than allowed to lean. Make sure that when bending the back of the child does not bend wheel. The spine should be flat.
If you go after a bicycle without a child, first measure the length of his legs (from the crotch to the heel), it should correspond to the distance from the seat to the pedals in the lowest position. The distance from the seat to the handlebars should not exceed the length of the child’s arms. Otherwise, he will be uncomfortable, will have to reach the steering wheel. To measure the length of the arms, ask the child to stretch them forward and squeeze the cams.
Naturally, these measurements will be approximate in the long term. After all, the child grows. Therefore, choose the maximum parameters. However, do not add to the data more than 5 cm (for growth, as our grandmothers like to say). The child will not be able to ride a bike until he is older.
Universal bicycle: from the baby to the teenager. Is it possible to?
When parents ask themselves how to choose a bike for a child, the mind paints an attractive picture of one bike for the entire period of childhood. Is it possible?
Definitely not. A child grows, his body parameters change. A bicycle for a child of 2-3 years is no longer suitable for a preschooler. His legs, even at the maximum position of the steering wheel and the seat will beat his knees on the steering wheel. As for the model “for growth”, until the height and length of the child’s feet match the diameter of the wheel, the baby will not be able to ride it.
For the entire period of childhood and up to the adult bike, the child will need at least 2 height models.
- with plastic wheels
- with rubber,
- foamed rubber,
- with hollow with an inflatable chamber
There is no uniform classification by age and height. Each manufacturer applies its own standards. Therefore, when choosing a bike should be guided by the child's height according to the wheel diameter.
Choose a bike by age
Bike for a child 2 years should be light, stable, have a minimum acceleration. Ideal running bikes, tricycles. Nice model with a high handle for mom. A tricycle for a child should be light plastic or wooden, bright colors with foam rubber wheels with a diameter of less than 12 inches.
Bike for a child 3 years should be chosen the same as for a two-year-old baby. If the child develops well, his height exceeds 100 cm, pay attention to models made of metal with rubber wheels.
Bike for a child 4 years must already meet the age requirements. Buy a tricycle if the child is small, inactive. If, on the contrary, it is mobile and rapidly developing, give preference to the four-wheel model with full-fledged wheels with inflatable chambers. Such bicycles are equipped with means of protection: on the steering wheel against impacts by the head, chain protection, soft seat, lowered frame, rear foot brake. It is better to choose a model with one speed.
Bike for a child 5 years should be chosen as for a four year old. The main difference is the rejection of tricycles.
Bike for a child 6-7 years implies the rejection of the safety wheels. Choose metal models with inflatable rubber wheels. Шины должны быть с рифленой поверхностью (какой ребенок удержится от соблазна проехаться по грунтовой дороге). Также привлекательны уменьшенные модели горных велосипедов и круизеров. Требования к велосипеду: 1–6 скоростей, передний и задний тормозы, амортизационная вилка.
Велосипед для ребенка постарше следует выбирать аналогично взрослым моделям с соответствующим диаметром колеса. If the child is taller than 135 cm, feel free to purchase an adult bike with a small size.
Separately note BMX bikes with a small wheel diameter (20 inches). They are designed to perform a variety of tricks. If the child is willing to engage in BMH, you should buy a special bike, which reduces the risk of injury to a minimum.
Choosing a quality and safe model
- Purchase products from reputable and reputable manufacturers only.
- The bicycle must be provided with instructions in Russian, a certificate of conformity. If it is manufactured in another country, the product must be certified and approved for sale. Check relevant documents.
- The warranty period for the product must be at least one year. The longer the term, the higher the quality of the bike.
- A good bike cannot be cheap. Choose models from the middle and premium price categories. This is not a thing to save on.
- Check the bike for defects. It should have a straight frame, smooth wheels and a steering wheel. All moving parts should be well turned, but excessive mobility indicates a poor quality of fasteners. All mounts must be sturdy. The product should not be cracked, scratched, deformed.
- The bike can be equipped with various accessories in the kit (bell, trunk, step), or you can buy them separately.
The most high-quality and popular are bikes brands Magellan, Apollo, Commencal, Mobiky, Stark, Panther, Forward, Wheeler, Montego, Nemobike, Puky, Shulz, KTM, Head and others. Bicycles of these brands have been certified, supplied with relevant documents, the manufacturer gives them a guarantee. Branded bikes are safe for the child. Each of the brands has its own "chip", but it combines their quality and durability of products.
Author: Julia Romanova
Usually, as the very first two-wheeled vehicle, parents choose a running bike - a bicycle without pedals. The kid pushes his feet off the ground, sitting on the grab. Thus, the muscles of the legs are trained, the child has a sense of balance. The runbikes are equipped with 12-inch wheels.
If we talk specifically about the bike, it is better to choose a model with supporting wheels and a parental handle. While the crumb mastering independent driving, the wheels do not allow it to fall. This bike provides safety on turns, develops a sense of balance behind the wheel. Easy to use, but stable design is best suited to teach your child how to pedal and hold the steering wheel.
Bicycle for the little ones is better to buy in specialized sporting goods stores. Sellers in a children's store can hardly give good advice on choosing a bike.
For a child from 6 to 10 years
For children at this age, cycle equipment is presented, similar to an adult, but in miniature. When buying a bike, parents should focus not only on the age, level of riding and training of the future cyclist, but also on his height. The diameter of the wheels and the length of the bicycle frame depend on it.
For a child 5-7 years old with a height of 105-130 cm, it is worth choosing wheels with a diameter of 18 inches. For 6-9 years with the growth of 115-140 cm, the wheels of 20 inches will fit.
Standards for growth are quite conditional, so the main thing is that the child should be comfortable to ride a bike. The seat and the steering wheel should be adjusted so that the legs freely reach the pedals, and the little cyclist does not have to slouch, bending over to the steering wheel.
These are not pants that can be turned into shorts with a flick of the wrist. Improper size is fraught with problems with management and, as a result, falls and injuries.
For a teenager
A teenage bike is very similar to an adult. Many high school students are not inferior to their parents in their size and height.
Before buying it is important to make a test drive bike. The foot should reach the pedal, fixed in the lower position, and be slightly bent. The standard wheel size for a teenager - 24 inches - corresponds to a height of 122-155 cm.
For most teen models, the frame is understated: it is easier for a teenager to climb onto a bike and jump off it. Most often, the material from which the frame is made is aluminum. This technology greatly simplifies the design. However, there are steel frames. But for all their strength they weigh a lot - the difference can be 1-1.5 kg.
Children's bicycle chairs
Active moms and dads, loving cycling in the fresh air, are increasingly thinking about buying a special bicycle chair. And for good reason: the baby will feel comfortable in it. Moreover, in this way he will get his first experience of being “in the saddle” before changing his own bicycle. Bicycle chairs are suitable for children weighing up to 15 kg, that is, to put there a child of younger preschool age, unfortunately, will not work. When choosing a bicycle chair, you should bring a bicycle to the store, on which you plan to fix the device, so as not to be mistaken with the choice. Bicycle chairs differ in the types of installation and mounting.
• Cycling with fastening on the frame
Despite the fact that the majority of models on the market are adapted to standard frames, problems with their own design may arise if you install them yourself. Choosing a similar chair, you should pay attention to the material from which it is made, its ergonomics. It is necessary to test how comfortable the child’s saddle is for the child himself: doesn’t it block the line of sight, does it not make movement difficult.
• Cycling for children with mounting on the trunk
Suitable for any bikes that have a luggage function. Its carrying capacity is about 22-25 kilograms - if you want, you can even sit there a schoolboy. That's just the depreciation of such a bicycle chair is almost zero: on almost every mound the child will bounce.
• Cycling with pipe mounting under the saddle of a bicycle
The most common modification. The chair has earned its popularity due to its versatility and easy installation. Its fastening can be rearranged in a few minutes from a bicycle to a bicycle. A child in such a chair is comfortable and safe enough, since the shock absorption protects him from shaking, and special fasteners hold the baby's legs so that they do not fall into the spokes of the wheel.
We hope that now you have managed to figure out how to choose a dream bike for a child (or for yourself). Enjoy the shopping!
The child is naughty, attracting attention. What to do?
2. Focus on the growth of the child.
Not all children grow up in accordance with the average values. Therefore, when buying a bicycle, be guided not only by the age and level of the future owner's ride, but also by its height - the diameter of the wheels and the length of the bicycle frame depend on it. To find out which wheels fit your child, divide his height by 2.5 and another 2.54 (length 1 inch per cm). For example, height 110 cm: 110 / 2.5 / 2.54 = 17.3 inches. Consequently, you need to choose from bicycles with wheels 16 or 18 inches. The diameter of the wheels of children's and teenage bikes is 10, 12,14,16,20 or 24 inches.
In addition to the size of the wheels, it is important to choose the right frame length. The optimal distance from the steering wheel to the front edge of the seat is the length from the elbow to the fingertips of the child.
3. Try on before you buy.
Let the child "try on" the bike when buying. The distance between the frame and the crotch should be at least 10 cm, so that if necessary it can be easily jumped off while driving. Adjust the seat and steering wheel so that the feet can reach the pedals freely, and the “pilot” does not have to slouch, leaning toward the steering wheel.
Do not try to take the bike "for growth" - it is not pants that can be tucked and worn. Improper size is fraught with problems with management and, as a result, falls and injuries.
4. Buy in specialized places.
It is better to buy a bicycle in specialized sporting goods stores, and not in children's stores, where a bicycle is just one of the toys. Sellers in a children's store are unlikely to be able to give good advice on his choice, but in terms of quality, he can really be “toy” - bright, beautiful, but not adapted for long-term use.
In addition, the specialty stores are much wider selection of models and brands. Famous brands of preschool and teenage bikes - Stels, Author, Stark, Cannondale, Ghost, Kross, Schwinn.
5. Consider the opinion of the child.
When buying, rely not only on the advice of sales assistants and Internet friends. Choosing a bike according to its technical characteristics, offer it to evaluate the future owner: it is important for the child to feel its importance when making such important decisions as purchasing new, personal, coolest and coolest vehicles for it.
How profitable to buy bikes, picking up for the whole family - watch the video!
Rules of choice: tips for parents
Dear Parents! Remember the basic parameters that you need to consider when buying a bike of any brand and model. For children it is age and height. The classification of children's bicycles is carried out according to the diameter of the wheels (in inches).
How to choose a children's bike? Before going to the store or when ordering via the Internet, look at a special table. You will find the ratio of height, age and size of the wheels. The main value is growth. Two thirteen-year-old boys often differ in height by 4–5 cm, they cannot be guided only by age.
Which bike is suitable for a child
Consider the recommendations of experienced instructors who have been involved in cycling for several years. The choice of the “two-wheeled horse” in a hurry, without taking into account the individual characteristics of the baby, without knowing the technical characteristics of the model, often leads to not very pleasant consequences. With a design that is unsuitable for growth or certain parameters, it will be more difficult for a child to cope, orthopedic problems may appear.
- model selected, specifications taken into account, the child is satisfied. Check out another important detail: the young cyclist sits in the saddle, trying to reach the pedals,
- in the “correct” model, the legs should be fully extended in the lower position. Pushing the pedal the child must perform the central (middle) part of the foot. If the kid barely reaches the pedals, turns his socks, the bike is not suitable for height,
- try to adjust the height of the saddle and steering. If these manipulations do not give the desired result, choose a model of another category.
Look at the review of children's candles on the temperature and learn the rules for their use.
How to make an envelope for a newborn on an extract with his own hands? The answer is in this article.
Features of choice:
- the smallest fit a tricycle with a parent handle. While driving, the baby learns to sit correctly, pedal, drive a vehicle, brake correctly,
- the only minus of the three-wheeled “friend” is that the child does not learn to balance. For this purpose, buy a child running bike. A new type of transport is suitable for children closer to two years. The runbike not only develops a sense of balance, but also strengthens the leg muscles well.
Features of choice:
- after three years, buy a two-wheeled bicycle with small safety wheels for your baby,
- check whether the balancing wheels can be adjusted in height,
- mandatory condition - the presence of a foot brake, protection of the chain and connecting rods.
- the transport in many ways resembles the previous category, but the size of the frame and wheels increases, the models become more stable, the patency increases,
- there is a handbrake for the front wheel, chain protection, foot brake. For this category, the speed is the same,
- after four years, children develop strength and dexterity; it is easier for a young cyclist to do without safety wheels,
- if the child is physically and psychologically ready, remove the extra wheels. Teach your child to keep balance, spend a few lessons, and a son or daughter will certainly go on a two-wheeled model without side wheels.
Features of models:
- details of an “adult” vehicle appear: speed switches, front shock absorber for a faster, more comfortable ride,
- Both brakes are transferred to the steering wheel.
From 8 to 13
How to choose a bike for a teenager? Main characteristics:
- For this age, manufacturers offer dozens of models of bright colors. Most options are mountain bike or city bike (small copy),
- there are models with one speed and multi-speed options, the number of shock absorbers: one, two, sometimes without them,
- grown-up child loves speed: remember to buy a child's helmet,
- so young cyclist has grown much? Height - 140 cm or more? Buy an adult model with a low frame, the optimum diameter of the wheels - 26 inches.
What to get
For the young cyclist will need not only "two-wheeled friend." There are a few things to keep in mind.
Be sure to pick up a son or daughter:
- bicycle helmet. Many parents neglect the protective device. But the fall, especially at the first time after mastering a new type of transport, is inevitable. The helmet will protect the head, will give the baby confidence that he will be all right, even when falling,
- comfortable shoes with good soles (with good cushioning, not quite hard). Open-toe heeled sandals are a bad choice; comfortable sneakers are what you need,
- clothes for cycling: comfortable shorts, t-shirt or jersey. For the first time, good-quality knitwear that absorbs sweat will fit. If you and your family often go on bicycle trips, buy a child a special form for a cyclist.
How to teach a child to ride
How to choose a bike, you already know. Step-by-step instructions - help for parents who do not know how to prepare a young cyclist for the first ride. Some kids easily cope with the task, others are timid, afraid of falls, can not get used to that the two-wheeled bicycle no longer has insurance in the form of tiny extra wheels.
- parents should show maximum patience, cheer up their son or daughter, correctly explain how to act. Threats, offensive words, haste are inappropriate. No less harmful is nervousness, excessive guardianship, “ooh - ahi”, tragic facial expressions, if the baby fell,
- suggest, encourage, explain, but reasonably. Try to make the baby understand how to keep balance
- when the baby feels like one with the bike, things will quickly go smoothly. The task of the parents is to suggest the best course of study, suggest the “right” exercises,
- Think about which parent will teach your son or daughter to ride. More often classes are conducted by a dad who is more comfortable with falling, does not fuss, does not owe in case of failures.
A clever, flexible, physically developed child will learn to ride a two-wheeled bicycle more quickly. Children who actively climb the wall of the Swedish, practicing on sports equipment, control their body and know how to control it. Conclusion: from an early age, attach a child to physical education, do not prohibit climbing on hills, stairs, horizontal bars, just insure the young "climber".
Learn more about the signs, symptoms and treatment of diphtheria pharynx in children.
Reusable diapers for newborns: which ones are better? The answer is on this page.
At http://razvitie-malysha.com/zdorovie/sredstva/ingalyator.html look at the review of compression inhalers for children from cough and rhinitis.
Experts advise every day to learn a new element of the bike. Only having fixed one skill, it is possible to pass to another.
The first day:
- Offer your child to ride a two-wheeled bicycle by himself: so the kid feels how his personal transport is moving. You need to hold the bike behind the seat, not behind the wheel,
- it's not so easy, the transport is swinging, it wags through every meter, but such a training will allow the child to level the position by tilting the structure and not by the wheel,
- The parents' task is to distract the child with talk, gently encourage, but not focus on actions. Let the child, his body feel how to react to the tilt of the bike. After a fall, let the baby lift the vehicle, level it, roll further,
- With every failed attempt, invaluable experience accumulates. The optimal training time is 40–45 minutes. You will see that by the end of the lesson the baby will be able to roll the bike over the saddle. If the child is tired, continue classes the next day, but until this stage is mastered, do not move further.
- the task is to consolidate the experience to maintain balance,
- Today, the young athlete is not a bicycle, but a “scooter”,
- starting position: both hands on the wheel, one foot on the pedal. The second need to push off
- while driving go near. Do not worry, the young cyclist will not fall: on the one hand, you will insure that if the transport falls on the other side, the child will be held by an elongated leg
- it is important to go slowly: it is harder to keep balance. After a while, the child must change his leg,
- The optimal workout duration is about an hour.
- find a good riding platform with a smooth surface. No one should interfere with you: the fewer “viewers”, the better. If the baby is not shy, it is easier for him to master a new type of transport,
- Begin classes with the scooter exercise. Маленький велосипедист должен уверенно отталкиваться, «чувствовать» транспорт,
- всё прошло успешно? Предложите оседлать двухколёсного «друга»,
- большинство деток падает на старте: теряют равновесие, плохо отталкиваются, не успевают крутить педали,
- инструкторы советуют найти площадку с длинной ступенькой, тогда ребёнку будет проще отталкиваться, чем от земли,
- explain that when tilting the bike to the side, you need to expose the legs, to prevent falling. Show me how to get off, holding the steering wheel with both hands. If the kid masters this science, he will not be afraid of falls, he will always rest with his foot. Be sure to show how to brake, resting your foot on the ground. This skill will also help avoid falls, prevent injuries,
- Prepare the child psychologically, tell us how you learned to ride (without the heart-breaking details), support, but not “lisp.” Say that you are always there, secure it. Warn that failures are possible: all racers go through this,
- When the baby calms down, check the starting position: one foot on the step, the second child should be conveniently put on the pedal. It remains to push off ... And now the baby has already gone. Surely, a transport with a young racer will immediately “wag”, after a few meters it is possible to fall, but the main thing is done: the baby felt an independent movement, he realized that he could drive a two-wheeled friend.
Video - tips on how to choose a bike for a child: