Ancient Greeks, Tibetans, Mongols, Chinese, Slavs knew about the benefits of sea-buckthorn berries. The healing properties of sea buckthorn oil were scientifically substantiated by the Russian biochemist VN Ruchkin only at the beginning of the twentieth century. In the course of laboratory research, the scientist confirmed the therapeutic effectiveness of the regenerating, multivitamin properties of this agent.
In the mid-twentieth century, industrial pharmacological production of sea buckthorn oil began in the USSR. Today, the “sea buckthorn boom” has faded a little, which, for example, was observed in the 70–80s of the 20th century. In those days, this remedy was a scarce medicine. Buy at the pharmacy it was possible only by prescription. Read more about the use and healing properties of sea buckthorn in our other article.
What is the chemical composition
The product contains:
- fatty oil
- organic acids
- vitamins A, C, E, F, P, B,
- trace elements
Sea buckthorn contains a high concentration of carotenoids. Thanks to these substances, it is so valued in medicine.
What are the pharmacological properties
Instructions for the use of sea buckthorn oil indicates: the drug belongs to the group of agents that affect the processes of tissue metabolism. It is also referred to as multivitamin preparations of plant origin. But the range of pharmacological action of this drug is much wider. What are the beneficial properties of sea buckthorn oil?
- Wound healing.
Indications for use
Sea buckthorn oil is taken orally, is also widely used externally. With what diagnoses and symptoms does this medicine give a good healing effect?
- Diseases of the digestive tract. The tool has anti-inflammatory, enveloping property. Therefore, it is often prescribed in gastroenterology: with a stomach ulcer, chronic inflammation of the intestine, pancreas (pancreatitis), gastritis with low acidity.
- Sea buckthorn slimming oil. Means normalizes metabolic processes, well cleans the intestines, acts as a mild laxative. It is prescribed for obesity, diabetes.
- Sea buckthorn oil for newborns. Only external use is permitted. From the first days of life, the tool can be used in the care of the baby’s tender skin. They are treated with diaper rash, lubricate the wounds on the mucous membrane of the mouth, gums during teething. Possible local allergic reaction with overdose and frequent use.
- Antitumor agent. It is proven that sea buckthorn stops the growth of malignant cells and is considered a powerful natural antioxidant. It is prescribed for cancer of the stomach, esophagus, skin. But this remedy is effective at an early stage of the disease.
- The cardiovascular system . It is useful for the prevention of atherosclerosis, cardiac ischemia, for removing excess cholesterol, increasing the elasticity of blood vessels. Oil helps with hypertension, dilates blood vessels, normalizes blood circulation.
- Benefit for sight. Vitamins, organic acids and trace elements normalize the work of the optic nerves and retina, improve blood circulation, reduce intraocular pressure, relieve inflammation. For cataracts, glaucoma, circulatory disorders of the retina and central vision, you can take the medicine inside. Outwardly, they are treated with eyelids during inflammatory processes. You can find information that in diluted form the drug drips into the eyes. Do not self-medicate! Only an ophthalmologist can recommend or refute this treatment.
- Outdoor use. The tool is widely used in otolaryngology. They are treated with tonsillitis, otitis, sinusitis, laryngitis, pharyngitis. In dentistry - stomatitis, gingivitis, periodontal disease, pulpitis, used after tooth extraction. It is also an indispensable drug for the treatment of eczema, psoriasis, neurodermatitis, dermatitis, burns (thermal and radiation), phlegmon, non-healing wounds, boils, bedsores. The drug leads to rapid healing of tissues during a burn without the formation of scars. In addition, sea buckthorn oil is useful for hair and face.
- Immunostimulating agent. It is useful to drink for the prevention of colds, viral diseases, to strengthen the body's defenses. Often it is included in rehabilitation therapy after irradiation, serious diseases, operations. This is the first remedy for a lack of vitamins.
How to apply
There are various methods of applying sea buckthorn oil. Dosage, treatment, method of administration depends on the diagnosis, the stage of the disease, the age of the patient.
- How to drink sea buckthorn oil? For 1 tsp. 3 times a day. The course of treatment can last from 10 to 30 days. For prevention drink 1 tsp. once a day. Preventive reception can be carried out no more than 2 times a year and not more than 2 months. Recommend to drink oil before meals. Children's dosage is determined by the doctor. Also in the pharmacy you can buy sea buckthorn oil in capsules, which belongs to the group of dietary supplements. Adults can drink 8 capsules at a single dose.
- Candles with sea buckthorn oil. Means for external use. Assign with hemorrhoids, cracks, proctitis, ulcers, erosions of the rectum.
- Inhalation. The oil is used for inhalation procedures for diseases of the upper respiratory tract - tonsillitis, rhinitis, pharyngitis, tracheitis, sinusitis and other diseases.
- Tampons Widely used in gynecology, first of all - with cervical erosion.
- Microclysters. Assign with diseases of the rectum. Apply in combination with herbs with anti-inflammatory effect.
- Compresses and dressings. Impose on the affected skin.
With overdose, long-term use, individual intolerance the following side effects are possible:
- digestive disorders: heartburn, nausea, diarrhea,
- allergy in the form of itching, burning, urticaria, swelling,
- with inhalation of bronchospasm.
How to cook sea buckthorn oil at home from the cake? First you need to get cake. For this:
- should skip the berries through a juicer,
- You can make syrup or jam from this juice,
- rich in fatty oil and carotenoids, cake is used to make butter.
- Dry the cake for 24 hours.
- Crush it into powder.
- Pour into a jar, cover with olive oil, heated on a steam bath.
- Insist 3 weeks in a dark place.
Before use, strain, pour in a dark glass bowl, store in the refrigerator.
On the basis of sea buckthorn oil they produce creams for various skin types, face and hair masks, shampoos, lip balms, massage and aromatherapy products. Why is sea buckthorn so popular in cosmetology?
- The oil contains vitamins A, E, C, minerals and organic acids that are useful for hair growth and for the face.
- Improves metabolism, lipid, acid-base balance of the skin.
- Promotes rapid tissue regeneration, does not leave scars after traumatic skin damage, burns.
- It acts as an antiseptic for acne, acne.
- Acts as an anti-aging agent, stimulates collagen synthesis, improves skin elasticity, smoothes wrinkles.
- Whitens the skin, eliminates defects - freckles, age spots.
- Softens and protects the skin in the cold season, prevents drying, peeling of the skin during the heating season.
- Strengthens and nourishes the eyelashes and nails.
- Strengthens hair follicles, helps against hair loss, effectively with seborrhea.
- What if during the cosmetic procedures, sea buckthorn oil got into the eye? Nothing wrong with that, you just need to thoroughly wash the eyes with clean running water. For redness, prolonged burning sensation, it is necessary to consult an ophthalmologist.
- Is it possible to apply in its pure form? However, cosmetologists recommend diluting the oil in order not to cause skin sensitivity to the preparation. It should also be remembered that the long-term effects of carotenoids weaken the protective properties of the skin. During treatment, direct exposure to ultraviolet rays on the body should be avoided.
Sea buckthorn oil in gynecology is an effective remedy, which is often prescribed for such gynecological diagnoses:
- cervical erosion,
- colpitis (inflammation of the mucous membrane of the vagina),
- endocervicitis (inflammation of the mucous membrane of the cervical canal).
How is the treatment carried out?
- In complex therapy with other drugs.
- Oil handled walls of the vagina.
- Tampons lay at night, pressing against the erosion surface during erosion of the cervix.
- A variant of tampons can be vaginal suppositories.
- With colpitis, the treatment course is at least 10 procedures.
- With erosion and endocervicitis - at least 8 procedures.
- Often appointed a second course of treatment after a month.
You can also take the tool inside to strengthen the body's defenses. Indeed, many gynecological diagnoses associated with the state of the immune system of women. Many positive reviews about the treatment of oil cervical erosion at an early stage. However, it is required to undergo a gynecological examination, to pass the necessary tests to determine the cause and stage of erosion.
The widespread use of sea buckthorn oil in folk and traditional medicine is due to its bactericidal, wound healing, anti-inflammatory, multivitamin, antioxidant effect. This tool is often used in gynecology, dentistry, dermatology, otolaryngology.
Release form and composition
The drug is available in the following dosage forms:
- oil for oral, topical and external use: an orange-red oily liquid with a characteristic odor, there may be a slight sediment that disappears when heated to 40 ° C (30, 50 or 100 ml each in a dark glass bottle, 50 or 100 ml each in a polyethylene terephthalate bottle of brown color, in a cardboard bundle one bottle, 25, 30, 40, 60, 70, 80 ml in a bottle, in a cardboard bundle 1 bottle, 30-40 kg in a metal flask),
- capsules: spherical in shape, gelatinous, cherry-colored, the contents of the capsules are oily orange-red liquid with a specific taste and smell of sea-buckthorn fruits (10 pcs. in a blister box, in a cardboard bundle 1–5 packs, 100 pcs. in plastic jar, in a cardboard bundle of 1 bank),
- rectal suppositories: torpedo-shaped, from dark orange to orange in color (5 each in a cell contour package, in a cardboard bundle 2 packs).
The composition of sea buckthorn oil for oral, topical and external use: sea buckthorn fruit oil - carotenoids at least 180% (includes: sterols, tocopherols, polyunsaturated fatty acids - linoleic, palmitoleic, oleic, linolenic, palmitic).
Composition 1 capsules: sea buckthorn oil - 200 or 300 mg (carotenoids not less than 180 mg%, complex of biologically active substances contained in the fruits of sea buckthorn: sterols, tocopherols, polyunsaturated fatty acids).
Composition 1 suppository:
- active ingredient: sea buckthorn fruit oil (sea buckthorn oil concentrate) - 500 mg (concentrate, previously diluted with sunflower oil until the total content of carotenoids in terms of β-carotene - 240 mg%),
- additional components: bugalhydroxytoluene (cybunol), butylhydroxyanisol (butyloxyanisol), solid fat (witepsol, suppposir), glyceryl monostearate (glycerol monostearate).
The drug activates the flow of reparative processes in lesions of the mucous membranes and skin of various etiologies, including ulcers, burns, radiation and wounds. It has tonic and anti-inflammatory properties, demonstrates antioxidant and cytoprotective effect. The tool reduces the intensity of biochemical reactions that occur with the participation of free radicals, prevents damage to cellular and subcellular membranes, and contributes to lowering the level of cholesterol and lipids in the blood.
Pharmacological action due to the presence in the composition of sea buckthorn oil tocopherols (vitamin E), carotene (provitamin A) and other lipophilic substances.
Oil for oral, topical and external use
According to the instructions, Sea-buckthorn oil is recommended for use as a wound-healing agent as part of a combination therapy for skin and mucous membrane lesions:
- otorhinolaryngology - postoperative wounds (in order to accelerate healing),
- dentistry - erosive and ulcerative lesions of the periodontal and oral mucosa in acute and chronic form,
- gastroenterology - gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer,
- gynecology - cervical erosion, endocervicitis, colpitis,
- surgery - wound injuries of the skin, radiation injuries, burns (in order to stimulate reparative processes),
- proctology - external hemorrhoids, rectal fissures.
Capsules are recommended for use as a means of activating reparative processes in the following diseases / conditions:
- hyperacid gastritis,
- peptic ulcer and 12 duodenal ulcer,
- conditions after surgery on the gastrointestinal tract.
- pancreatitis, cholecystitis, cholangitis, cholelithiasis, hepatitis - by oral administration,
- diarrhea - with rectal administration,
- profuse purulent discharge from the wound, profuse bleeding - with external and local use,
- age up to 12 years (oil solution),
- hypersensitivity to herbal remedies.
If taken orally, pregnant women and adolescents over 12 years old should use Sea Buckthorn oil with caution.
Instructions for use Sea buckthorn oil: method and dosage
Sea buckthorn oil is used orally, rectally, topically and externally.
The recommended dosage regimen, depending on the method of administration and means:
- outwardly: in case of skin lesions, the drug is used in the form of oil dressings - the surface of the affected skin area cleaned of necrotic masses is treated with sea buckthorn oil, and then a cotton-gauze bandage is applied, which needs to be changed every other day, the drug is used until granulations appear,
- orally: in case of ulcerative lesions of the stomach and duodenum 12–3 times a day, 1 teaspoonful of oil is taken, the course is 21–28 days, capsules are taken 6–8 pieces (1.2–2.4 g) 2 times a day, a course - 10–14 days,
- topically: with rectal fissures, external hemorrhoids, cervical erosion, colpitis, endocervicitis, problem areas are smeared with sea buckthorn oil or tampons are abundantly impregnated with the agent applied to them, the course of therapy for colpitis is 10-15 procedures, for cervical erosion, endocervicitis - 8 –12 procedures, for rectal fissures, external hemorrhoids - 5–7 procedures, for erosive and ulcerative lesions of the parodentium and oral mucosa, the preparation is used in the form of applications or turundas moistened with oil, course - 10–15 procedures,
- rectally: they are inserted deeply into the anus after bowel emptying with 1 suppository, adolescents over 14 years old and adults 2 times a day, children 6 to 14 years old - 1-2 times a day, children under 6 years old - 1 time a day, the course is 10–15 days; if necessary, 4–6 weeks after the completion of the first course, it is possible to repeat.
In otolaryngology, in the implementation of tympanoplasty after treating the wound surface with hydrocortisone or antibiotics, tampons abundantly moistened with sea buckthorn oil are placed on it. The course of therapy is 7–10 procedures.
Therapy means recommended under the supervision of a specialist.
Impact on the ability to drive motor vehicles and complex mechanisms
The drug does not adversely affect the ability to drive vehicles, as well as perform complex and potentially dangerous types of work.
Reviews of sea buckthorn oil
Reviews of sea buckthorn oil are mostly positive. Patients indicate its effectiveness in treating anal fissures, hemorrhoids, cervical erosion, and diseases of the digestive tract. According to reviews, the drug helps with erosive and ulcerative defects of the mucous membranes of the mouth and gums, inflammation of the skin, burns, difficult healing wounds, bedsores.
However, there are also patients who express dissatisfaction with the weak effect of the agent or the lack of effect in its use, especially in the treatment of hemorrhoids. The disadvantages of the drug include the appearance of side effects, in most cases manifested in the form of allergic reactions.
Price for Sea buckthorn oil in pharmacies
The price of sea buckthorn oil can be approximately:
- oil for oral, topical and external use: 50 ml in a bottle - 150–340 rubles, 100 ml - 440–570 rubles,
- oil for oral and topical use: 50 ml in a bottle - 120–220 rubles,
- gelatin capsules (200 mg): 100 pcs. in a package - 90–180 rubles,
- rectal suppositories: 10 pcs. in the package - 80-100 rubles.
What is sea buckthorn oil
This tool is a medical and dietary product, which is made from sea buckthorn berries.. Используют его в медицине и косметологии для решения различных проблем. Лечение облепиховым маслом дает хорошие результаты благодаря свойствам входящих в состав компонентов.Use of a product in cookery for preparation of salads or pastries is allowed.
The benefits of sea buckthorn oil for the body due to its rich composition. The product contains vitamins, minerals, minerals. In total there are more than 190 useful substances:
- vitamins: A, groups B, C, K, D, E, P,
- trace elements: copper, selenium, manganese, iron,
- valuable fatty acids: omega-3, 6, 7, 9,
- amino acids
Below is the composition of sea buckthorn oil in the form of a table, which indicates the content of the main components:
Concentration at 100 mg
Tocopherol (Vitamin E)
This tool refers to drugs of plant origin, has anti-inflammatory, wound healing, antiseptic effect. The healing properties of the product are explained by the presence of useful trace elements in the composition:
- Due to the group B vitamins, the use of this drug helps to maintain the health of the nervous system and muscles, has a positive effect on the work of the heart and blood vessels, improves the condition of the hair and nails.
- Thanks to vitamin A, the drug heals skin wounds and is used in inflammatory eye diseases.
- Due to vitamin F, the process of cell regeneration starts with skin lesions.
- Thanks to vitamin K, the remedy helps eliminate edema.
- A high concentration of vitamin E contributes to the maintenance of hormone levels, moisturizing the skin, slows aging.
- Due to vitamin C, the process of collagen formation is activated, the walls of blood vessels are strengthened, immunity is increased.
What treats sea buckthorn oil
This natural remedy is widely used in complex therapy and for the prevention of various diseases. Proved the effectiveness of the drug in the following cases:
- With liver diseases, gastric ulcers, gastritis, chronic inflammation of the intestines, pancreatitis, the agent provides an anti-inflammatory, enveloping effect.
- Oily microclysters help to normalize metabolic processes, clean the intestines, and therefore are often prescribed for obesity or diabetes.
- For external use, the agent is used in the treatment of diaper rash in newborns.
- In cancer of the skin, esophagus, stomach, the drug is used to prevent the development of cancer cells.
- The tool is used to prevent heart ischemia, atherosclerosis. In addition, the drug is effective in hypertension, helps to expand blood vessels, normalize blood circulation.
- Ophthalmologists prescribe this medicine for cataracts, circulatory disorders of central vision and retina, glaucoma.
- Otolaryngologists using this natural drug carry out the treatment of angina, otitis, tonsillitis, pharyngitis, sinusitis and laryngitis.
- Dentists recommend this medicine for stomatitis, pulpitis, gingivitis, periodontal disease.
- With this drug, skin diseases such as psoriasis, eczema, burns, dermatitis, neurodermatitis, phlegmon, bedsores, dandruff, boils are treated.
- In gynecology, this drug treats erosion of the cervix, colpitis.
- For the prevention of viral and colds it is useful to take this medicine inside.
- Candles and microclysters with sea buckthorn oil are effective for internal and external hemorrhoids.
- Often the tool is used in combination with others for radiation damage, after surgery, serious diseases to restore the body.
Instructions for the use of sea buckthorn oil
Methods of treatment with this natural drug differ depending on the diagnosis, the age of the patient and other factors. In addition, the form of drug release is of great importance. Below are the different methods of treatment with this tool:
- Sea buckthorn remedy is taken orally 3 times a day for 1 tsp. The course of treatment can last up to 30 days. 1 tsp. daily 1 time drink oil as a preventive measure up to 60 days in a row.
- Means in the form of capsules are taken according to the instructions, no more than 8 pcs. for the reception.
- Candles for the treatment of rectal fissures, with erosions, hemorrhoids, proctitis taken according to the instructions in accordance with the recommendations of the doctor.
- For inhalation, the drug is used in the treatment of sinusitis, bronchitis and other diseases of the upper respiratory tract.
- For the treatment of cervical erosion, it is recommended to use tampons in the vagina.
- Microclysters are prescribed for complex treatment of the intestines.
- For the treatment of acne on the face using masks from oil mixtures.
- Compresses and oil dressings impose on the affected skin with open wounds, injuries, burns.
For the stomach
Doctors recommend this natural medicine for violations of the digestive tract. Diseases associated with injuries of the gastric mucosa (ulcer, gastritis) are treated according to the following scheme:
- Drink oil 1 spoon 3 times daily.
- In the morning it is important to take medicine on an empty stomach, in the afternoon and in the evening - 30 minutes before meals.
- Course duration - no more than 30 days.
The product was widely used in gynecology. With the help of sea buckthorn medication, women manage to get rid of various diseases of the vaginal cavity: inflammatory and infectious, genital organs. The drug is used for the manufacture of medicinal tampons. They are well cleaned and disinfected the vaginal cavity. Before the introduction, it is recommended to douch chamomile infusion.
The treatment takes place under the supervision of a physician according to the following scheme:
- Sea buckthorn oil tampons are inserted into the vagina for 16-20 hours. Optimally conduct a session at night.
- Repeat the procedure 1 time per day.
- The course of treatment is up to 14 days.
For the treatment of stomatitis, periodontal disease, pulpitis and other oral diseases, sea buckthorn medication is applied according to the following scheme:
- Means grease problem areas or make lotions.
- Leave the drug for at least 5-10 minutes on the sores.
- After the session it is not recommended to drink, eat for 30-60 minutes.
This tool has proven itself in the treatment of ophthalmic diseases. Especially effective drug is considered to be rosacea-keratitis, trachoma, eyeball burns, conjunctivitis. Depending on the specific ailment, the agent is instilled with drops every 3 hours or smears mucous with sea buckthorn ointment with a concentration of 10-20%. Therapy helps eliminate concomitant infections, stop pain, eliminate the fear of light. The duration of treatment is determined individually by a doctor..
For the treatment of wounds
Skin lesions, frostbite, burns, superficial superficial wounds, bedsores are treated according to the following scheme:
- Treat the affected area with furatsilinom.
- Put a compress on the wound with sea buckthorn medicine or rubbing oil into the skin.
- Change the bandages or apply the remedy daily.
- The course continues until full recovery.
Clinical trials have found that sea buckthorn normalizes bile acid levels and serum hepatic enzymes. In addition, orange berry oil helps protect the liver from toxins and harmful chemicals. Take the drug to maintain the liver inside of 1 tsp. three times a day. The course of therapy up to 4 weeks. If necessary, you can repeat the course in 1-1.5 months.
With the help of sea buckthorn oil, you can solve many problems in children up to 1 year. The tool helps to fight diaper rash, thrush, painful teething. To eliminate the unpleasant symptoms, oil should be oiled with redness on the skin, gums or mouth of the baby 2-3 times a day until complete recovery. However, do not abuse this tool, so as not to provoke irritation or allergies.
For skin diseases
With the help of sea buckthorn healing oil, you can treat skin diseases such as eczema, lupus ulcers, neurodermatitis, scabies, and others. The scheme is as follows:
- Prepare an ointment with a concentration of sea buckthorn oil no more than 5% based on chicken fat or baby cream.
- Apply the resulting composition on the affected skin 2 times a day.
- Repeat the procedure until complete recovery.
What is sea buckthorn and sea buckthorn oil?
Sea buckthorn - It is a fruit and ornamental plant that is most common in Transbaikalia, Altai, the Caucasus, Sayan, Tuva, southern regions of Kazakhstan and Tajikistan, and is also used in Europe as a hedge and to protect the slopes of the banks of the rivers from erosion. However, sea buckthorn can be grown in other regions of Russia, where climatic conditions allow. Sea buckthorn fruits have a bright orange color and are used to make butter, tinctures, liqueurs, jams, and marmalade.
Sea buckthorn oil It is a remedy whose healing properties are known since ancient times. The first mention of the healing properties of sea buckthorn berries are found in the XI century BC in the treatises of healers in Tibet and ancient Greece.
In the scientific works of Hippocrates, you can find a detailed description of the beneficial effects of sea buckthorn fruits in the treatment of diseases of the stomach, and Avicenna advised sea buckthorn oil to treat burns.
Slavic peoples also long knew about the therapeutic effect of sea buckthorn berries and sea buckthorn oil. Russian sailors and the population of Siberian villages ate sea buckthorn fruits for the treatment of bleeding gums and the prevention of hypovitaminosis. In the 17th century, Russian Cossacks used sea buckthorn berries to restore their strength, strengthen their health, and with the help of oil they treated difficult healing ulcers and wounds.
In the 70s of the 20th century, traditional medicine again recognized sea buckthorn oil. Sea buckthorn oil is an orange-red color with a distinctive taste and smell. This is the main drug from sea buckthorn, which is obtained from the meal of berries after squeezing juice. The process of its preparation is rather complicated and consists of several stages.
How to get sea buckthorn oil?
Currently, there are a sufficient number of ways to obtain sea buckthorn oil for its use in medicine. Sea buckthorn oil is obtained from pulp, seed, or whole berries. Methods of obtaining are divided into three groups - physical, chemical and biological. The oil obtained through the physical process is most preferred in the application. Sea buckthorn fruits are placed in a press and their juice is obtained. Then the remaining pulp (mass of crushed berries) after squeezing is placed in a heated hydraulic press. This process is carried out at high temperatures. The advantage of this method is that it is possible to obtain a large amount of fatty oil, since at high temperatures the proteins coagulate, and the oil becomes mobile and is easily released. But the disadvantage of this method is the complexity of its implementation (time consuming, many activities performed, expensive equipment). Sea buckthorn oil can also be obtained with cold-pressed. With this method, the oils get less, but instead its quality is much higher and it is preferable for use in medicine. As a result, pressing the oil requires additional purification from impurities by refining. Purification processes are also divided into three main groups - physical, chemical and physico-chemical.
From the pulp of sea buckthorn oil turns dark red. It has pronounced healing properties. Sea buckthorn seed oil is lighter with a yellowish tinge. This oil is used mainly in the food industry. Whole berry oil has a very rich orange color and combines the healing properties of the first two types of oil.
How to get sea buckthorn oil at home?
Sea buckthorn oil can be prepared independently, but it will be raw oil with a large amount of impurities. The process of cooking at home is quite time-consuming. Drugstore sea buckthorn oil is more saturated and contains not such an amount of impurities.
Sea buckthorn oil can be independently prepared in the following ways:
- Method 1. It is necessary to take 1 kg of sea buckthorn berries. Using a press from the berries should squeeze the juice, and then filter it and let stand in a cool place. A few days later (4 – 5) oil will float to the surface. This oil must be carefully removed with a spoon and poured into a dark-colored glass container.
- Method 2 You should take 100 g of the cake, which was obtained by squeezing the juice, and pour 500 ml of unrefined sunflower oil. This mixture must be infused for 7 days, stirring occasionally, and then you need to strain, squeeze and pour into a container of dark glass.
- Method 3. Crush the dried sea buckthorn berries and place them in a glass jar. Pour in refined vegetable oil, preheated to 50 degrees (the oil should cover the ground fruit). The jar should be very tightly closed with a lid and placed in a dark place for a week, daily mixing the contents with a wooden spoon. After 7 days of infusion, the oil should be pressed and filtered. The resulting sea buckthorn oil can be enriched by heating it to 40 - 50 degrees and refill them with a fresh portion of crushed dry meal (product obtained after pressing the fruit). Such an enrichment procedure can be carried out several times and eventually a higher concentration of oil will be obtained.
- Method 4. For the manufacture you need to take 200 grams of sea buckthorn fruit and 400 ml of olive (sunflower or corn) oils. It is necessary to make juice from the berries, and dry the remaining pulp after squeezing, and then grind it in an electric coffee grinder. Pour the olive oil, heated to 40 degrees, and insist for 2 - 3 weeks, periodically shaking. This mixture should be filtered and poured into a dark glass container.
The composition of sea buckthorn oil
Sea buckthorn fruits and sea buckthorn oil have the highest medicinal value. They are used for the treatment and prevention of various diseases. Sea buckthorn oil is rich in vitamins, acids and trace elements that are beneficial to the human body.
The composition of sea buckthorn oil includes:
- Linolenic acid (omega-3), linoleic acid (omega-6), oleic acid (omega 9). These acids belong to the group of unsaturated fatty acids. They are contained in sea buckthorn oil in the form of triglycerides (derivatives of glycerol and higher fatty acids).
- Palmitoleic acid, palmitic acid, stearic acid. The main feature of these acids is that when they dry out, a transparent film is formed - linoxin. This remedy helps in the treatment of skin diseases.
- Vitamin A. This vitamin is fat soluble and performs several functions in the human body. It increases resistance to infections, strengthens the walls of blood vessels and the mucous membrane of the respiratory and digestive systems. It also plays a protective role in the development of neoplasms, slowing the growth of diseased cells, affects some aspects of the immune response of the human body. Vitamin A is part of the retinal pigment. A lack of this substance in the body can lead to dry skin, visual impairment (especially at night). The functions of the gastrointestinal tract and urogenital system are also impaired, the growth process in children. In sea buckthorn and sea buckthorn oil, this vitamin is in the form of carotene, which gives the plant an orange-yellow color. And when ingested, carotene is processed into vitamin A (retinol).
- Vitamin C (vitamin C).Vitamin C is involved in redox processes, tissue respiration. Ascorbic acid normalizes the permeability of the walls of the capillaries of blood vessels, improves iron absorption, stimulates blood clotting, increases resistance to infections. It also promotes the synthesis of antibodies, interferon and steroid hormones. Vitamin C is very easily destroyed by heat, light and sunlight. With a lack of this vitamin, you can feel general weakness, headaches, notice the cyanosis of the lips, a decrease in efficiency. Resistance to infections also decreases, skin becomes dry, gums bleed, minor hemorrhages and other symptoms appear.
- Vitamin K. This is a group of antihemorrhagic (hemostatica) factors (phylloquinone - K1 and menaquinone - K2), which regulates blood clotting. Also, vitamin K is involved in the formation of prothrombin in the liver, affects the metabolism and increases the strength of the capillary walls. With a deficiency of this substance in the human body, blood clotting is disturbed, a tendency to bleeding is detected, hemorrhagic diathesis develops (blood disease, a sign of which is bleeding of the surface of the skin or organs).
- Vitamin E (tocopherol).Vitamin E is also a fat-soluble vitamin that regulates the processes of reproduction, the metabolism of proteins, carbohydrates and fats, improves the absorption of vitamin A and is involved in the regulation of oxidative processes. This vitamin is found in almost all food products, especially in vegetable oils (including sea buckthorn).
- Vitamin B1 (thiamine). This is a water-soluble vitamin that normalizes the absorption of carbohydrates, mineral metabolism, peristalsis (muscle contractiona) stomach, blood circulation, improves the protective functions of the body and promotes its growth. При недостатке тиамина больше всего страдает нервная система – появляется раздражительность, бессонница, быстрая утомляемость и другие симптомы.
- Витамин В2 (рибофлавин). This substance regulates redox processes, carbohydrate metabolism, normalizes vision, growth processes and hemoglobin synthesis. With a lack of vitamin B2, tissue respiration is inhibited, appetite worsens, headache appears, working capacity decreases, central nervous system functions are disturbed (CNS). Also, the mucous membranes of the mouth and lips are inflamed, painful cracks form in the corners of the mouth ("Buns"). There is redness and burning of the mucous membranes of the eyes, tearing, conjunctivitis (inflammation of the mucous membrane of the eye), blepharitis (eyelid inflammation) and other manifestations of eye diseases.
- Folic acid. This substance stimulates erythropoiesis (hematopoietic process in which red blood cells are formed), is involved in the synthesis of amino acids and nucleic acids. With a deficiency in the body of folic acid, an inflammatory process of the oral mucosa, tongue develops, ulcers appear, and digestion and blood formation are disturbed.
- Flavonoids (rutin, kaempferol and others). This is a group of drugs that affect the permeability of the walls of capillaries. They are used for increased capillary fragility, hemorrhagic diathesis, radiation sickness (a disease that occurs as a result of exposure to various types of ionizing radiation on the body), allergic reactions and infectious diseases.
- Organic acids (wine, apple, salicylic and others).
- Magnesium, silicon, iron, calcium, nickel, molybdenum, manganese, strontium.
How to apply various forms of sea buckthorn oil?
Inside sea buckthorn oil must be taken before a meal, one teaspoon 2 or 3 times a day. The course of treatment is 10 - 15 days.
Sea buckthorn oil is taken topically in the form of oil dressings every other day, after clearing the affected skin.
In gynecology, oil is used for lubrication or on tampons. With endocervicitis and colpitis, the walls of the vagina are pre-cleaned with cotton balls, and then lubricated with sea buckthorn oil. The course of treatment is 10 - 15 procedures. With cervical erosion, tampons are plentifully moistened (5 - 10 ml of oil on a tampon) and pressed to the eroded surface, changing them daily.
In diseases of the mucous membranes of the oral cavity and periodontal sea buckthorn oil is used in the form of applications or turundas moistened with oil. It is necessary to perform 8 - 10 procedures.
Sea buckthorn oil is applied rectally in the form of microclysters, which are inserted deep into the anus after bowel movements.
Candles with sea buckthorn oil should be used after a cleansing enema or spontaneous release of the intestine. Freeing the suppository (a candle) from the contour packaging, it should be inserted deep into the anus, being in a horizontal position on the side. Until the candle dissolves, you must lie down. It is recommended to take 1 or 2 times a day, one candle for 10 - 15 days. If necessary, the treatment can be repeated after 4 to 6 weeks.
In capsules sea buckthorn oil should be taken according to the instructions for use. Adults are recommended to take 6 - 8 capsules 3 times a day with meals. The duration of the drug is from 10 to 14 days. As a tonic, you can take 3 to 4 capsules 1 or 2 times a day.
Ointment on the basis of sea buckthorn oil should be applied with a thin layer on the affected area, then cover it with a sterile gauze bandage and secure with adhesive tape. Before using the drug, it is necessary to empty the intestines, to carry out a hygienic treatment of the anus, and also to wash the anus with warm water and blot with a soft towel.
How and how much to store sea buckthorn oil?
Sea buckthorn oil, which is prepared at home, should be stored in the refrigerator. The container in which the product will be stored must be of dark glass. This results from the fact that under the influence of light the useful properties of the oil may change or disappear (oil deteriorates, becomes bitter and unusable). Sea buckthorn oil is undesirable to store more than 1 year.
Pharmaceutical sea buckthorn oil should be stored for 2 years from the date of issue. Store it also needs in the refrigerator.
Candles should also be stored in a cool place at air temperatures up to 15 degrees (perfect fridge). Shelf life - 2 years.
Store sea buckthorn oil in capsules in a dark, dry and cool place. The shelf life is 2 years from the date of production.
Tonsillitis, pharyngitis, laryngitis
When tonsillitis, pharyngitis or laryngitis with a cotton wool, it is necessary to lubricate the mucous membranes of the tonsils or throats. This procedure should be carried out daily 2 times a day for 7–8 days.
Also effective are rinsing. To do this, dilute 30 ml of sea buckthorn oil and a glass of warm water (water temperature should not exceed 40 degrees in order to avoid burns of the mucous). Rinsing is carried out at least 5 times a day.
Means for normal and dry skin
Beat 1 teaspoon of honey and add a few drops of sea buckthorn oil. Apply the mask for 5 - 10 minutes on previously cleansed skin. Then you should wash first with warm and then cold water. Apply this mask can be no more than once a week.
For peeling skin and acne, face wiping with a mixture of sea buckthorn oil and tea tree oil is quite effective.
For hair loss, it is recommended to rub sea buckthorn oil an hour before shampooing the hair roots. After that, you need to wrap your head with a film, and on top of a towel.
Also, to accelerate hair growth, sea buckthorn oil can be applied not only externally, but also inside (1 teaspoon per day).
How to cook at home from the sea buckthorn berries?
The modern pharmacological industry sufficiently provides the pharmacy network with sea buckthorn product, and it is not a problem to buy it. However, the quality of the product does not always suit buyers, which is why experts prefer to make it with their own hands. There are several ways to cook sea buckthorn oil at home from sea buckthorn. To obtain a high-quality product, you should conduct preparatory activities:
- pick ripe berries without defects,
- rinse them, changing water several times,
- spread out on the surface in one layer and dry thoroughly.
To avoid reducing the quality of the product and avoid oxidation of the material, you should avoid contact of the berries with a metal vessel. There are several simple methods of how to make sea buckthorn oil at home: from pits, from oilcake, which is poured with olive oil, soaking up with useful substances.
You can simply cook sea buckthorn oil at home, the recipe of the most concentrated product allows you to make it from fresh berries.
- Sea buckthorn fruit after appropriate preparation is placed on a baking sheet in the oven to dry.
- When the fruits become very hard, they should be cooled and ground to a powdery state, and then pour olive oil heated to 60 degrees.
- Diligently mixed mass is placed in a dark place for 7 days, not forgetting to stir daily.
- For a week, vegetable raw materials will saturate the product with its healing elements. A small concentration of the resulting oil - 15-20% - can be increased if a new portion of the powder is re-filled with filtered fresh oil and let it brew for another week.
There is a recipe for making high concentration of sea buckthorn oil, the disadvantage of this method is wasteful consumption of raw materials. However, the high quality of the product does not allow to regret the costs. The recipe consists of the following steps:
- crushed berries in a meat grinder,
- separate the juice from the cake,
- pour the juice into a wide non-metallic vessel (for ease of collecting oil),
- placed on the day in a dark place
- after a thin oil layer appears on top, carefully remove it with a spoon,
- pour it into an opaque glass vial and store in the refrigerator.
In order to make homemade sea buckthorn oil in one bottle, the process must be repeated several times. But it turns out really valuable tool of high quality, made by hand.
What treats, from what helps?
Instructions for use recommends the use of sea buckthorn oil not only inside but also externally. Different qualities of sea buckthorn oil with disinfectant, anti-inflammatory and healing wound surface are used in the complex treatment of skin diseases.
Gastritis, duodenitis and peptic ulcer
Systematic use of sea buckthorn oil orally encourages the secretory action of the pancreas, activates the dynamics of the intestine, regulates the process of digestion, enhances the metabolism of lipids in the liver. Effectively sea buckthorn oil with gastritis, as recommended by the doctor. The plant product is able to act envelopingly, producing a healing effect on peptic ulcer in the gastrointestinal system, and also serves to prevent the development of various inflammations of the stomach and intestines. Doctors often recommend sea buckthorn oil for the stomach and in the treatment of many gastrointestinal diseases:
- with gastritis with high acidity,
- with gastric and duodenal ulcers,
- in chronic and non-specific colitis.
What is useful sea buckthorn oil for female diseases, doctors and patients know. Due to the anesthetic, healing and regenerating effect, the product has been successfully used in official medicine for the treatment of gynecological diseases for more than 70 years, and in folk healing much longer.
With the help of folk herbal remedies, erosion of the cervix uteri that occurs at any age is successfully cured. This method is quite effective and safe.
The drug is used for the treatment of thrush, it helps to restore the intestinal microflora. Tampons containing sea buckthorn oil are prescribed to treat cervicitis. Folk medicine provides an opportunity to avoid the use of antimicrobial drugs and save on drugs that include good bacteria.
Acceleration of recovery contributes to the use of herbal remedies in the form of tampons.
Effectively, the use of oil for the treatment of postpartum damage, accompanied by ruptures, on which stitches are imposed, which heal for a very long time and deliver a lot of pain to the mother. Processing seams with sea buckthorn oil also accelerates the healing and recovery process.
Hemorrhoids and anal fissures
Natural safe drug won positive feedback not only from patients, but also from proctologists. Its anti-inflammatory and healing properties are indispensable in the treatment of hemorrhoids. Developed several treatments for this disease.
External use is to use baths or compresses. Oil grease hemorrhoids located outside the passage. It is effective at any stage of the disease. It is acceptable to mix the product with other medicinal ointments. Excellent therapeutic effect gives the use of oil inside, if there are no contraindications.
Instructions for use inside and out
Doctors know about the benefits that sea buckthorn oil brings, which helps this wonderful tool. The method of treatment with sea buckthorn oil depends on the diagnosis, the age category of the patient and other features, as well as the form of release of the funds. Instructions for use contains the necessary information.
How to use?
For ingestion with gastritis, gastric and duodenal ulcers are usually prescribed for 1 tsp. 20 minutes before meals three times during the month. 1 time per day is used for prophylaxis for 60 days.
The drug in capsule form is used as recommended in the manual. Inhalations with oil are effective in the treatment of antritis, bronchitis and other colds. Daily for a week lubrication of tonsils with oil copes with tonsillitis, pharyngitis, and laryngitis.
With cervical erosion, the drug is applied to a tampon and inserted into the vagina after hygiene procedures, and internal use is combined with external use. The duration of therapy is about 12 sessions, they can be repeated after a break in a month and a half.
The open wound and burn surface of the skin, bedsores, trophic ulcers, boils and other dermatological diseases are treated with compresses and oil dressings, which can be combined with taking the drug inside.
Application in cosmetology
Sea buckthorn oil in cosmetology has long been used, and the methods are quite diverse. Based on it:
- make a variety of masks for skin care of the face, hair and body,
- include massage oils and lotions
- used for regeneration and growth of hair, eyelashes and eyebrows,
- used for skin whitening.
For serious problems, beauticians often prescribe sea buckthorn oil, whose healing properties for the skin are difficult to overestimate. Folk remedy fits any skin type, helping:
- defeat acne,
- reduce wrinkles
- lighten up your face.
In addition, it helps moisturize and nourish the skin, increase its protective properties, the formation of natural collagen, and the healing of microtraumas.
Oil is able to dry, disinfect the inflamed parts of the face. To do this, it is necessary to moisten a cotton swab or disc with a tool and treat the surface with it. Apply sea buckthorn oil at home should be only on a limited area, given the likelihood of staining in orange, so you should only use in the evening.
Sea buckthorn mask with yellow clay and egg yolk helps to cope with wrinkles. It is recommended to apply it on the steamed skin with a brush, the duration of the session is about half an hour.
To get rid of acne, cosmetologists advise a sea buckthorn oil mask with green clay, egg white, tea tree oil and lemon juice. The effect is shortened pores, drying of the inflamed areas, the disappearance of oily shine. The tool also heals cracks in the lips.
The drug is used to reduce hair loss, stimulate their growth, eliminate dandruff and regenerate damaged bulbs. Masks based on herbal remedies help prevent hair loss.
To do this, about 2 hours before washing the head, oil is applied to the roots and rubbed with massage procedures. For protection of hands from coloring it is worth using gloves. Wash off the mask in the process of washing the head.
Possible harm to the body
External use of sea buckthorn products for cosmetic purposes has no contraindications and side effects, except in rare cases of individual intolerance to the components of the plant. Without fear, most people can consume sea buckthorn oil, whose benefits and harms are incomparable. To prevent allergies, it is necessary to test for sensitivity before using the product. In any case, you must comply with the recommended dosage, especially when used in its pure form.
Sea buckthorn oil, reviews of which the vast majority of users of different age categories are positive, is used for healing and maintaining beauty. To many, it helped restore the function of various organs, cure skin diseases. Cosmetologists appreciate sea buckthorn oil, whose benefits and harms are known, for their safety and effectiveness in solving a lot of various problems: getting rid of acne and lightening freckles, preventing hair loss. The effect of oil on the condition of the skin and hair is comparable to expensive care products.