Scientists and inventors do not get tired to surprise us with various novelties that facilitate our lives. For example, one of the latest developments is ultrasound toothbrush - is the most convenient tool for cleaning teeth. It is recommended for use by people who wear braces, crowns, veneers, fillings and implants. This brush is ideal for the prevention of caries. It will be indispensable for those who suffer from periodontitis, gingivitis and other oral diseases. Despite the complete absence of contraindications, before buying an ultrasonic brush, people who use subcutaneous devices, such as defibrillators or pacemakers, are advised to consult with their doctor.
The principle of operation of the ultrasonic brush
The device uses a special energy-saving motor, through which electrical energy is converted into mechanical energy with an efficiency higher than 90%. Under the brush head is a piezoelectric plate, which performs this conversion function. It also has an indicator that indicates that ultrasound is working. It is necessary in order to not occur doubt in the serviceability of the brush, because the fluctuations of such a height can not be heard.
Under the influence of ultrasound, the bristles sway with a frequency of up to 100 million times per minute, due to which bacterial chains are destroyed. Ultrasonic toothbrushes have different modes of operation: soft and intense. When using an ultrasonic brush in the mouth there is a pleasant warmth. This heat expands the blood vessels and improves blood circulation.
Ultrasonic brush with ease cope with food and tobacco plaque on the teeth. It also helps the enamel cells to assimilate beneficial microelements that are part of the balms and toothpastes.
What is the main difference between an ultrasonic toothbrush and a conventional toothbrush?
Gentle and gentle cleaning of the oral cavity, high hygiene - these are the most important advantages of an ultrasonic toothbrush. Vibration of ultrasound helps to "beat" the substance of saliva and toothpaste, which will actively deal with plaque on the teeth. An ultrasonic toothbrush can clean plaque on teeth hundreds of times better than a simple hand brush. or electric.
Cons of ultrasonic brushes
Despite the many advantages, ultrasonic toothbrush can also cause harm. For example, it reduces the service life of crowns, fillings, veneers. Ultrasound contributes to the destruction of demineralized areas of tooth enamel. It is also possible the awakening of chronic foci of inflammation in damaged teeth. An ultrasonic toothbrush can cause exacerbations of certain inflammatory diseases of the oral cavity.
This device is not recommended for use by people with pacemakers and pregnant women. Despite the ability to effectively remove plaque, an ultrasonic toothbrush can not cope with even the smallest hard deposits on the teeth, so you will still have to undergo a dental cleaning session at the dentist.
Why are toothbrushes called sonic and ultrasonic
Ultrasonic brush: cleaning and prevention of oral hygiene
These names are conditional and they are not connected with the ability of the brush to make sounds, but with its ability to make vibrations. The sounds we are able to hear have different wave frequencies - from 20 (low) to 20,000 (high) vibrations per second. Sounds with a wobble of less than 20 per second (20 hertz) are called infrasounds, over 20,000 (20 kilohertz) are called ultrasound. Electric brushes, developing vibrations of bristles in this range, were called sonic, and brushes capable of developing oscillation frequencies above 20 kHz - ultrasonic. If you follow this principle, the manual toothbrushes can be called infrasonic, as we physically can not provide with a brush over 4 oscillations per second (4 Hz). Having dealt with the terms you can go further.
How sound and ultrasonic electric toothbrushes work
Just as a conventional electric stove and microwave oven achieve one result (cooking), having a completely different principle of operation, so our brushes achieve their final goal (cleaning our teeth) in completely different ways.
The principle of mechanical action on the surface of the tooth is the basis of the work of sound electric toothbrushes. That is, the power part of the brush provides oscillations to the bristles of the cleaning head, which cannot be achieved with an ordinary brush. Thus, the cleaning efficiency is multiplied in comparison with a manual brush. In modern sound brushes, the frequency of vibrations of the bristles is 500–1500 Hz (movements per second).
The designs of modern replaceable nozzles of sound brushes have become so perfect that the bristles make movements calculated for the most gentle and high-quality cleaning. The shape of the bristles allows for the cleaning of each tooth, preventing plaque from entering the gingival groove. Thus, the technique of cleaning teeth with an electric brush is completely different from the usual brushing - the cleaning head must be moved from one tooth to another, eliminating the movement to the right-left and up and down.
Ultrasonic toothbrush Emmi-Dent guarantee of oral health
The ultrasonic brush works completely differently. The method of purification is based on the ability of ultrasonic waves to destroy bacterial chains. It is bacterial colonies that develop on the surface of our teeth that form plaque that can transform into a dangerous tartar. The design of the brush is equipped with a generator of high-frequency oscillations, which, under the influence of an electric field, emits a wave field with a frequency of up to 1.6 million oscillations per second. This frequency is completely harmless to the tissues of the oral cavity, moreover, it is useful because it leads to increased blood supply to the gums and their strengthening. Thus, subjecting the surface of the teeth to ultrasonic treatment, the disinfection of the oral cavity and the destruction of plaque are ensured. At the same time, the brush head produces cleansing mechanical movements of the bristles at a sound frequency, brushing out teeth from food debris and plaque.
Pros and cons of sonic and ultrasonic electric toothbrushes
The advantages of electric toothbrushes over manual ones are obvious - they are much more productive and, therefore, more effective for oral hygiene, do not injure the gums and teeth, as a rule, have a number of additional service functions (timer, pressure sensors, etc.). Sound electric toothbrushes have no contraindications and are recommended even for children.
The use of ultrasonic brushes have a number of limitations caused by the effect of ultrasound on the body. First of all, it cannot be used by people who have fillings, crowns, implants, since high-frequency vibrations can cause violations at the boundaries between enamel and fillings, shorten the service life of artificial products.
There are suggestions that ultrasound is dangerous for women during pregnancy. Although there is no confirmed evidence of this, doctors still recommend refraining from using ultrasonic toothbrushes during this period. The use of ultrasonic toothbrushes is prohibited for people with a pacemaker.
How does an ultrasonic toothbrush work
Externally, a toothbrush with ultrasound is completely identical to the classic equivalent. The simple design includes an ergonomic handle and a tip with a brush. Inside the handle there is a motor that transmits several million movements to the bristles in one minute. And under the head you can find a piezoceramic plate - a source of ultrasonic wave.
Treatment of the oral cavity is carried out immediately in two ways:
- Mechanical. The constant movement of the bristles provides mechanical treatment of the oral cavity.
- Ultrasound. The therapeutic effect is due to the damaging effects of waves on bacteria.
Pros and cons of ultrasonic toothbrushes
Compared to a conventional instrument, an ultrasonic toothbrush can do better with:
- the destruction of microbes
- gradual loosening of tartar,
- removal of plaque,
- cleaning of hard-to-reach areas
- massaging gums.
It is shown when wearing braces, fixed prostheses. Ultrasonic brush - a real salvation for owners of teeth with hypersensitivity of enamel. Due to the constant “beating” of the toothpaste bristles, the latter significantly increases in volume, therefore the savings of the cleaning composition can also be attributed to the obvious advantages of the device.
The minuses of ultrasonic toothbrushes are much smaller than the advantages, however, they also exist:
- high price,
- caution that must be observed when exposed to teeth with fillings,
Contraindications to the use of ultrasonic toothbrushes
Despite the gentle impact, the ultrasonic toothbrush has medical contraindications. These include:
- pregnancy, especially the first trimester, which is threatened with interruption,
- periodontitis is an acute inflammation of the soft tissues surrounding the tooth,
- the presence of white spots on the enamel: sound brushes can be a catalyst for irreversible destructive processes.
Before purchasing a device with ultrasound, it is better to consult in dentistry and clarify all contraindications.
Attention! Electric brushes with ultrasound are contraindicated for carriers of pacemakers of old models. It is necessary to warn your dentist about the presence of the device under the skin.
Which toothbrush is better: electric or ultrasonic?
Ultrasonic brush connects to the outlet, therefore, belongs to a group of electrical brushes. There are 2 more types of similar devices - mechanical and sonic electrical brushes.
An ultrasonic toothbrush is better than a mechanical electrical counterpart. The mechanical device cleans the enamel due to the movement of the bristles, and the ultrasound has a double effect - mechanical and physical. Ultrasound vibrations contribute to the death of pathogens and the removal of soft deposits.
Sonic toothbrushes generate waves within the sound range, which affects the impact efficiency - it is lower. In a minute, the bristles of such brushes perform slightly more than 30 thousand cleansing movements. In this sound toothbrushes also lose their ultrasonic rivals.
How to choose an ultrasonic toothbrush
Before you choose an ultrasonic toothbrush, you should inquire about the manufacturer. Leading companies with an impeccable reputation use the best materials - safe and high quality. In the composition of their products there are no prohibited dyes and toxic plastic.
To select a quality device with ultrasound, rely on the following criteria:
- Convenience case. The user should be comfortable to hold the handle of the device in his hand. It should not slip, be too thin or thick. It would be better if silicone brake strips are located on the case.
- The presence of a timer. Sounds, meaning the completion of the segment processing time, greatly facilitate the task of thorough cleaning of the oral cavity. Such models are recommended for beginners.
- Age category. Children's teeth can not be processed with adult devices, so special child devices should be chosen for the child.
The best ultrasonic toothbrushes are implemented together with a device for recharging and interchangeable nozzles.
How to use an ultrasonic toothbrush
As is the case with other devices, electrical or conventional, It is necessary to use an ultrasonic toothbrush 2 times a day. For this you need:
rinse your mouth, freeing it from small particles of food,
At the end of the procedure, rinse the mouth with clean water again; for a more thorough cleaning, you can use an irrigator. Its application will make the last stage impeccable.
The most successful models
Today, you can find on sale models actively promoted by dental clinics, as well as products that “independently” won popularity among customers. In the first case we are talking about the best samples with the least number of contraindications, but differing in high cost. In the second - about the product with the best combination of price and ease of use.
Emmi-dent is the only electric brush with ultrasound that needs to be used without performing cleaning movements. The antibacterial effect of the ultrasonic wave extends to a depth of 12 mm (from the upper edge of the gums).
The user simply brings the brush to his teeth and leaves for a short time. Specially designed toothpaste turns into millions of bubbles under the influence of an ultrasonic wave. By bursting, microbubbles clean interdental spaces from cracks, cracks in enamel.
It is noticed that if you constantly brush your teeth with Emmi-dent, you can get rid of the manifestations of herpes and aphthous stomatitis in the oral cavity in a short time.
A significant disadvantage of the device is the price. To purchase the kit will have to spend more than 12 thousand rubles, then you will need to regularly buy a specialized toothpaste.
Unlike the previous copy, the electric ultrasonic brush from Philips company belongs to the average price segment. For two minutes, it makes as many movements as a regular brush in the hands of the user. The effect of the application is noticeable after one or two weeks:
- the smell disappears,
- raid disappears
- Tartar decreases.
With the help of an ultrasonic brush for Philips Sonicare teeth, you can restore the natural whiteness of enamel, even with the constant use of strong tea infusions, red wine and coffee.
Having the same cost as the average electrical copies, Donfeel operates in three directions at once:
- Excellent cleans.
- Treats gums.
- Provides prevention of caries, tartar.
Electric counterparts implement only high-quality cleaning. The great advantage of Donfeel is the built-in UV disinfection system.
The undisputed leader is the Oral Bee toothbrush. The reason for its use can be such indications as the pathological growth of carious lesions, difficult to clean plaque, unpleasant smell that remains even after rinsing and cleaning.
The Oral B device can be used by people with braces, seals and implants. With increased sensitivity, as well as during the period of addiction, the Sensitive mode is recommended, its presence is one of the advantages of Oral B.
Another representative of expensive devices - Megasonex toothbrush electro. When using it, you can choose one of three modes:
Working in the "Ultrasound" mode, the electrobrush does not perform mechanical oscillations - the impact is carried out only by means of an ultrasonic wave. The model has earned popularity due to its ergonomic and attractive design.
How to choose a gift
Increasingly, buyers are buying ultrasonic brushes for teeth as a gift, and this is justified. Stylish and beautiful thing will benefit its owner, will help take care of the health of teeth, keep them clean and tidy.
Hint! It is better to give any selected model in the starter kit - without additional attachments. Then the person will have the opportunity to make your ideal kit, adding it with the necessary elements and accessories.
Principle of operation
Ultrasonic toothbrush is considered a kind of mechanical. Their main difference lies in the principle of operation and cleaning. It consists of a motor and a special piezo-ceramic plate hidden in the handle. This device allows you to create ultrasonic waves, the oscillation frequency of which reaches 1.6-1.7 MHz.
The movement of the bristles is so fast (up to one hundred million vibrations per minute) that it is almost impossible to notice them with the naked eye. Thanks to this mechanism of action, the ultrasonic brush many times exceeds the usual toothbrush for everyone.
To the process of brushing your teeth to be as effective as possible, you should remember the basic rules:
- It is forbidden to move the brush in any direction (horizontally, vertically, in a circle) and rub the enamel.
- Having easily touched one tooth, it is necessary to hold the brush for about three to five seconds, after which - move on to the next unit. Ultrasonic vibrations should create a kind of "foam" from plaque and separate the deposits from the tooth tissue.
- Teeth should be processed no longer than the recommended time in any order, without missing a single unit.
Работает ультразвуковая щетка от батареек (аккумуляторов), заряжаемых от сети.
Нарушение предписанных правил и приложение больших усилий во время чистки может привести к чрезмерному воздействию на зубы, а также выходу из строя сменных насадок.
Плюсы и минусы применения
The main advantages of using an ultrasonic toothbrush are:
- cleansing not only the teeth, but also the mouth with maximum delicacy,
- the ability of sound waves to penetrate even the most inconvenient (for an ordinary brush) places, permanently removing harmful bacteria,
- the ability to eliminate yellow dental plaques that lead to the appearance of stones,
- minimization of the risk of rapid erasure of enamel due to gentle cleaning without friction,
- the ability to use the device even with special sensitivity of teeth and wearing braces,
- improvement of the appearance of teeth (lightening of enamel, elimination of plaque),
- reducing the duration of brushing teeth almost twice (compared with a conventional brush).
There are disadvantages:
- the destruction by sound waves of areas of enamel that have lost mineral components,
- increase or activation of various foci of inflammation and pathological processes through the negative impact of ultrasound on them,
- reduction of service life of fillings, crowns, overlays on teeth (ceramic and porcelain),
- quite high cost of the product.
How to choose an ultrasonic toothbrush?
Before purchasing a product, you should definitely visit a dentist who examines the oral cavity and will give the necessary recommendations. This is necessary because some conditions are contraindicated for the use of an ultrasonic brush:
- chalky spots on the teeth, talking about the initial stage of caries. Due to the fact that the enamel in such places is particularly fragile, the ultrasonic effect of the brush can cause its destruction,
- inflammation in the area of the tooth root, since ultrasound will contribute to its active development,
- the presence of gingivitis or periodontitis, because the ultrasonic effect will accelerate blood circulation and aggravate the problem,
- presence of veneers, fillings, crowns in the oral cavity,
- installed pacemaker
- first weeks of pregnancy. At this time, it is better to abandon any manipulations associated with the teeth and oral cavity.
In the absence of contraindications, the dentist may recommend a specific model of ultrasonic toothbrush that will suit a particular patient.
When choosing a brush, it is important to rely primarily on the quality of the product. The cost of original products that are well proven in the global market of brands is quite high, but by giving money, you can be sure that the brush will cope with all tasks 100%. Analogues of the Chinese assembly have a more affordable price, but their quality sometimes leaves much to be desired.
When purchasing an ultrasonic brush, it is necessary to clarify the availability of a set of spare nozzles, regular replacement of which is necessary for the most effective cleaning. If there are none in the set, it makes sense to order them separately.
An excellent budget version of domestic production, combining both ultrasonic and mechanical vibrations. Well removes bacteria, food debris and plaque, even in the interdental spaces, without damaging the enamel. Suitable for children. A small minus - a slight rattle during cleaning.
The brush of the new generation, gently cleaning the tooth surface and penetrating even into the most hard-to-reach areas. It helps to remove plaque in three modes and additionally has several specialized nozzles included.
The device, disinfecting the oral cavity and allowing delicately and thoroughly clean the surface of the teeth, lighten the enamel and eliminate bacteria in the upper layer of the epidermis.
Emmi dent 6 Professional
Brush, which has a therapeutic effect in the manifestation of caries.
Suitable for sensitive teeth, gently cleaning them with a special paste.
Fights bacteria on the surface and in tissues, refreshes breath and gives the tooth enamel a natural shade.
A cleaning device complete with a timer and indicator located on the panel. The brush can operate in three modes: gentle cleansing, massage, which favorably affects microblood circulation, and deep cleaning.
Beaver Ultrasonic HSD-005
A brush capable of removing all types of deposits on the teeth, harmful microorganisms in the gingival tissues, as well as combating tobacco deposits, lightening the enamel of the teeth. The device helps to accelerate the metabolism in tissues, blood circulation in the capillaries and strengthen the gums. It has a built-in microprocessor with which you can select and adjust the optimal cleaning time.
Options without interchangeable nozzles are in the price range from 2500 to 10,000 rubles. With nozzles - from 3,500 to 15,000 rubles.
There are also cheaper Chinese counterparts, but using them can be fraught with unpleasant consequences for the health of teeth and oral cavity, since the quality and mechanism of action is far from the necessary norms.
Opinion of experts
Dentists agree that the use of an ultrasonic brush has a positive effect on maintaining the health of teeth and the oral cavity as a whole.
But with a slight reservation regarding the compliance with the rules for using such hygiene products, namely:
- Acquire the product only after consultation (and approval) of the dentist.
- Pay attention to high-quality modern products, neglecting Chinese counterparts.
- Read the instructions in detail before using the brush and strictly follow all the requirements described (cleaning time, nozzle position, etc.).
- Do not start on your own (without consulting a doctor) or stop using the device if bleeding gums, inflammations, painful tissues and other dental diseases appear.
- Regularly (once every three months) change the nozzles, acquiring original copies for the brush used.
People who have tried an ultrasonic toothbrush, note the tremendous advantage of this device, highlighting the following positive points:
- Reducing the time you brush your teeth, even with minimal effort
- improving the quality of cleansing: plaque and food debris are removed even from those parts where the brush is not enough, tooth enamel gets a lighter shade, breathing becomes fresh.
It is worth noting that such reviews can be heard from the owners of high-quality devices, observing each item instructions for proper cleaning of the dentition. As for the buyers of Chinese counterparts, they have marked too harsh effects on the teeth and soft tissues due to the poor quality of the bristles, as well as the rapid failure of the devices.
Thanks to the creation of an ultrasonic brush, care for the oral cavity and high-quality cleansing of the dentition has become possible even at home. In order for the hygiene procedure to be as effective as possible, it is important before purchasing such a brush that it is imperative that you consult a dentist about the possibility of its use, the absence of contraindications and the selection of a suitable model.
The principle of operation of the ultrasonic toothbrush
The brush is a kind of electric, they should be distinguished from mechanical with rotating heads and sound brushes. All of these devices operate on mains, batteries, or batteries, but the way they brush their teeth is different.
The vibrations of the bristles of the ultrasonic brush are provided by a piezocrystal to which electric current is applied. The principle of operation is based on the reverse piezoelectric effect, when the charge on the faces of the crystal leads to the appearance of mechanical stresses. The oscillation frequency of the crystal depends on the frequency of the pulses applied to its face. Crystal vibrations are transmitted to the bristles, which clean the surface of the teeth. Usually the oscillation frequency is 1.6 MHz - this indicator is considered therapeutic.
In addition to the usual cleaning of enamel moving bristles, the device acts on the teeth with ultrasound itself. At the same time, the temperature inside the oral cavity rises by about 10 ° C, and the person feels pleasantly warm. Fluctuations of ultrasound disastrously act on pathogens, contribute to the removal of soft plaque. They help to get rid of food debris stuck between their teeth, and clean hard-to-reach places. Cleansing is due to the fact that ultrasound is absorbed in different ways by bone tissue and plaque. This difference leads to peeling of the plaque and its removal.
Pros and cons of use
An ultrasonic toothbrush has a number of advantages over devices that operate on a different principle. The advantages of its use include:
- correct movement of the bristles, eliminating the need to decide how to brush a tooth,
- effectiveness against mild dental and pigment plaques - the use provides noticeable whitening,
- ultrasound has an antibacterial effect on the oral cavity,
- saved toothpaste and time to brush your teeth,
- ultrasound promotes the penetration of the therapeutic components of toothpaste into the tissues of the teeth and gums,
- The device is convenient when there are dentures or braces in the mouth.
However, this subject of hygiene has disadvantages. When choosing a device, it is necessary to take into account possible side effects:
- Ultrasound affects not only plaque, but also fillings, veneers, crowns - the difference in the absorption of ultrasonic vibrations leads to an acceleration of their wear, loosening, loss,
- The ability to absorb ultrasound in demineralized enamel is also changed in comparison with healthy enamel - the use of an ultrasonic toothbrush can lead to the destruction of demineralized areas and the occurrence of caries.
How to choose?
Choosing an ultrasonic brush, you should pay attention to the characteristics of the product and the manufacturer. More expensive compared to analogues Megasonex, Emmi-dent, Smilex have a good reputation. Chinese with the same characteristics are much cheaper, but a positive result cannot be guaranteed. A good solution may be to purchase products of domestic production. It will cost less than American, and the quality is at the same level.
Selecting a device with batteries or battery is a matter of taste. There is no difference in their functioning, but the battery will often have to be recharged.
As for the head, it is recommended to give preference to the round. It is believed that they better and softer the enamel surface. However, experts do not recommend using an ultrasonic brush all the time, and some people generally object to using it at home.
When choosing a device, it is necessary to take into account a number of parameters by which they differ from one another. These include:
- the composition of the materials from which the device is made, and the convenience of the model,
- the presence of a sound signal indicating that the area has been cleaned and it is time to move the brush,
- the presence of a rotating head - in devices of this type does not matter, since the main impact has ultrasound,
- the presence of a set of devices for recharging the battery,
- for whom the specific model is intended - for children or adults.
Rating of the best manufacturers of brushes
The choice of ultrasonic toothbrushes is huge, but among this variety, some brands have gained the most popularity. Let's try to make a rating, assess the strengths and weaknesses. Consider the best:
- One of the most effective and popular is the Emmi-dent 6 Ultrasound Toothbrush model. The frequency of vibrations of the bristles is 84 million per minute. This is higher than most analogs. Brush demonstrates the excellent quality of brushing. The weak side of the model is poor equipment: the kit includes 2 nozzles and a stand for a brush. In addition, this device made in Germany is distinguished by a high price.
- The model of domestic production Donfeel HSD-008 is much cheaper. The device is battery powered and has 3 modes of operation: in addition to cleaning, they can whiten enamel and massage the gums. The model has a rich complete set: case, UV lamp for disinfecting nozzles, charging station, also equipped with a disinfector, three nozzles. The model is equipped with a charge indicator.
- A very successful model is produced under the brand Megasonex. The device is powered by a battery, the charge of which is enough for 28 three-minute cleanings. The model is equipped with 2 indicators: the inclusion of ultrasound and charge level. A beep alerts the user to move to a new site. Megasonex ultrasonic brush can be used in 3 modes: only ultrasound, a combination of ultrasound with weak movements of the bristles, ultrasound plus intense vibrations of the bristles.
Unfortunately, it is not possible to review all the brands on the market. However, the selected brushes have proven to be reliable and effective devices to fight plaque on the teeth and harmful microorganisms.
How to use?
Ultrasonic brush used 2 times a day. Before use, make sure that the battery is charged.
Toothpaste is applied to the bristles, each jaw is divided into 3 zones. Cleaning one area lasts 40-60 seconds. Devices equipped with a sound signal themselves inform the user that it is time to move on to the next zone. They treat not only the teeth, but also the gums, the adjacent part of the cheek, and at the end - the surface of the tongue, starting from the root. After cleaning the mouth, thoroughly rinse or use irrigator.
The difference between ultrasonic toothbrush and electric
An ultrasonic brush works on electric current and is therefore a kind of electric. There are 3 types of devices for cleaning teeth, driven by electric current. These include mechanical, sonic and ultrasonic brushes.
Mechanical clean enamel due to the impact of the head with bristles. The head rotates at a speed of more than 5 thousand revolutions per minute. Some models are equipped with 2 heads, rotating towards each other.
Sound toothbrushes are called so because the frequency of pulsations of the bristles or the speed of rotation of the head, depending on the model, reaches the frequency of vibrations perceived by the human ear. Sound electric toothbrushes make more than 16 thousand oscillations per minute.
Mechanical devices clean the teeth well, but using electric toothbrushes should be considered some contraindications. Not recommended for children under 3 years old. It is also dangerous to use a sonic toothbrush for those who have thin, easily erasable tooth enamel, or have light spots on the surface caused by demineralization. Intensive cleaning may cause damage to veneers or crowns. The use of sonic toothbrush and persons with wedge-shaped teeth is contraindicated, since the defect is enhanced by mechanical action.
One of the best sound brushes is considered to be Oral b brand devices. Occupying a whole sector in a certain price gap, the manufacturer allows you to purchase both an inexpensive and simple device, as well as a complex model with adjustable pressure and battery life for 40 minutes.
Sonic toothbrush works at a higher frequency. Cleaning takes place by mixing water, saliva and toothpaste and the flow of the resulting mixture. Due to the high frequency variations, the plaque and the acquired pigment are exfoliated and removed. However, the ability to remove plaque from deep places, with hard-to-reach parts of the teeth, with an ultrasonic brush is much higher.
What you need to know when choosing a brush for the child?
- Children up to 3 years old do not use an electric brush. Those who are older can purchase a convenient device with a rubberized handle and soft bristles.
- To determine which one is better, one must remember: the cleaning head should be small. The height of the bristles should not exceed 11 mm, the material - high-quality synthetics.
- It is worth paying attention to products brand Oral b. Unfortunately, the well-proven brand Megasonex does not produce children's models.
- Acquire sound brushes for children are not worth it, they are harmful for not strong teeth.
This kind of device for daily hygienic procedures applies to electric models, because it works from the network, rechargeable battery or batteries.
In appearance, the ultrasonic brush is very similar to the usual one, but there are special nuances in the design:
- On the head, in addition to the brushes, there is also a special piezocrystal, which provides pulsed vibrations. They arise from the connection to electricity, but do not exceed 1.6 MHz, which is the therapeutic norm.
- Simultaneous exposure to ultrasound and mechanical movements of the bristles helps to maximally clean the tooth surface from all deposits and pathogenic formations.
- With such fluctuations in soft tissues, the blood flow and temperature slightly increase, which also has a beneficial effect on the condition of the gums.
- In the handle of the device there are just two small motors that are responsible for electrical activation and ultrasonic action.
The uniqueness of the brush is that it gives impetus within the therapeutic effects on the surrounding tissue. Негативного влияния на организм человека не происходит, зато при регулярном использовании можно получить максимально качественное очищение ротовой полости от любых бактерий и микроорганизмов.
Поделиться в соц. сетях:
Зубная щетка — это основа здоровья наших зубов и ротовой полости в целом. Уже давно стоматологи подтвердили тот факт, что обычная щетка не совсем эффективна, а иногда — даже травматична. Thanks to modern technology, your task is only to apply toothpaste on the brush, and everything else will be done for you. To date, there is a huge variety of “lazy” toothbrushes. The most popular models are electric and ultrasonic brushes. But what kind of toothbrush is better - electric or ultrasonic, let's understand together.
What are the “lazy” toothbrushes?
In the market of goods for the care of the oral cavity are distinguished:
- Electric brushes of mechanical type. The most popular model. The head is round, has several rows of different bristles. It works in circular and translational movements.
- Ultrasonic brushes. Their work is based on the effect of the generator with the corresponding frequencies. It was proved that it is with the help of ultrasound that it is possible to destroy those connecting connections that exist between microbes and the tooth surface.
- Sound type. It works by generating a sound wave. It is thanks to sound waves that the microbes are “detached” from the tooth surface. This type of toothbrush is still an innovation, and therefore not as popular as previous models.
In order to make a choice between the first two models, and to determine the electric or ultrasonic brush better, it is necessary to examine each of them in detail, weigh the pros and cons, the principle of operation, the quality of tooth brushing, safety.
Electric brush mechanical type
In this model, the bristles drives the micromotor (built-in). The oscillation frequency is 5-18 thousand per minute. This model is designed to improve tooth brushing. She, in fact, simulates manual cleaning. But due to the accelerated mode, the quality noticeably grows.
Important! It effectively removes plaque, while saving your personal time. If you spend about 5-7 minutes with proper manual cleaning of your teeth, the mechanical model significantly reduces this time by half.
Electric brushes according to the type of head movement are divided into several types:
- 1D - here the movement of bristles is made in a circle, in one direction,
- 2D - reciprocating movements are performed here, due to which the quality of cleaning is much higher than in the previous version,
- 3D is a very strong cleansing, it is used to combat slightly pronounced pigment plaque.
Important! The 3D nozzle is not recommended for daily use. It is best to alternate it with 2D. Very often they are even included in one set.
As with every product, there are advantages and disadvantages to an electric toothbrush.
The advantages of this model:
- effectively and efficiently clean the surface of the teeth from plaque,
- if used correctly, it does not affect the fillings,
- saving time.
Important! The main disadvantage is contraindications. It is forbidden to use this brush for people with gum disease, a broken enamel structure. It can traumatize or exacerbate the problem with gums and enamel.
How to choose?
In order not to be mistaken and not get on the poor-quality goods, you should pay attention to some criteria when choosing a toothbrush:
- The degree of rigidity. The most universal is medium. For children and persons with very sensitive enamel, soft is better suited. Stiff bristles are not recommended for daily use, as it is very traumatic.
- It is necessary to pick up a set (if two heads that rotate in different directions), or with a nozzle type 2D.
- The smaller the head of the nozzle, the better the brushing.
- More convenient nozzle - with a round head. If the head is of a square shape, then it most likely has some additional functions.
- A quality brush always has a comfortable ergonomic handle.
- The handle of the brush relative to the head should have a tilt angle. It is about 30-40 degrees. Thanks to this structure, you can reach the most distant teeth.
- The bristles should be of different lengths.
- If you can purchase a brush kit with two different nozzles, then take it and do not even hesitate.
- The child does not receive the skills to use a hand brush. Experts recommend alternating the use of electric and manual models of brushes.
- Electric models are heavier in weight. It is sometimes hard for children to hold it in their hands.
Important! Do not recommend self-brushing your teeth with electric toothbrushes for children under 11 years of age.
Top of the best
The best of the best electric toothbrushes - those that are in demand among customers and have the highest sales ratings, are as follows:
- ORAL-B VITALITY PRECISION CLEAN. Produced in the United States. The advantages of this model include: low price, quality of cleaning, long battery life.
Important! The disadvantages include the high cost of consumables, short-term battery charging.
- ORAL-B PROFESSIONAL CARE 500. Manufacturing country of the USA. In terms of functionality, it is the same as the previous one. Only in this model are still present: the timer, charging indicator, the vertical movement of the brushes, as well as increased battery life.
- ORAL-B PROFESSIONAL CARE 5000 D34. Produced in the United States. Excellent combination of functionality and technical parameters. Compared with previous models, this unit is “stuffed” with a variety of functions:
- Comes with 4 nozzles. They are decorated with different colors. That is, it is very convenient for a large family. Such a family option.
- Included is a nozzle for cleaning and whitening tooth enamel.
- The presence of several modes and speeds. You can combine them and select professional care that suits your teeth.
- A sensor that is responsible for the degree of depression of the bristles on the teeth (if the brush is pressed too much, then it works).
- Display - Displays information and selected functions.
Important! Autonomous operation of this device is about 40 hours.
Children's TOP best:
- ORAL-B KIDS MICKEY MOUSE. The country of origin is the USA. It is very popular due to:
- gentle, high-quality and mild cleaning
- the presence of a waterproof handle
- the presence of a timer
- the presence of the stand,
- color that is interesting to the child.
- HAPICA KIDS. Produced in Japan. Suitable for use by children from 3 years, does not require the use of toothpaste. It has quite significant advantages:
- The bristles are made of ceramic. In the process of cleaning teeth, negative ions are produced, which destroy bacteria.
- Very soft bristles. They safely and gently clean the surface of children's teeth.
- A budget option. The price is much lower than all its “relatives”, only other brands.
Ultrasound is a high vibrational wave. That is what this type of toothbrush produces.
Important! Ultrasound causes bristles to oscillate with high frequency. He directly smashes plaque, and the bristles - remove his remnants.
This type of toothbrush cleans your teeth more thoroughly and is suitable for everyday use. In appearance, the brush is the same as the electric one, only it has a more massive handle. This is due to the fact that it contains not only a motor that triggers the movement, but also a plate that produces ultrasonic pulses.
Important! When using ultrasonic brushes, you can use half a serving of toothpaste.
Choosing a quality model
In order to know how to choose the right ultrasonic brush, you need to take into account some selection criteria:
- Smooth and smooth surface.
- Notice what the bristles are made of. Pick up with a synthetic pile.
- There are various power sources - batteries and rechargeable batteries. Before buying should consider this.
- Availability of additional functions.
- There are several levels of vibration. Thanks to this, you can pick up exactly your speed.
The advantages of ultrasonic brushes:
- high-quality cleaning,
- availability of speed options,
- saving cleaning time
- reduced use of toothpaste,
- accelerates blood circulation
- can be used for sensitive teeth,
- prevents bacteria from multiplying.
The main disadvantage is contraindication to use:
- reduces the service life of crowns and fillings,
- “Weak” areas of enamel very quickly destroy,
- aggravates periodontitis,
- contraindicated in gum disease,
- It is forbidden to use for pregnant women and people with pacemakers.
Ultrasonic Toothbrush Rating:
- EMMI-DENT 6 ULTRASOUND TOOTHBRUSH. The country of origin is Germany. All polls received the highest ratings among buyers. It produces about 84 million pulsations per minute. This is a very high figure.
Important! The disadvantage is very poor equipment.
- DONFEEL HSD-008. Country of origin - Russia. It is very budget in comparison with other models. But in relation to others, it has very good equipment and functions:
- travel case
- UV lamp for disinfection,
- 3 tips included
- charging indicator
- several modes of operation.
- ASAHI IRICA AU300D. The country of origin is Japan. This model is ideal for people who suffer from excessive tooth sensitivity and bleeding gums. The movements are designed so as not to harm and gently clean the dental surface. A huge minus is a battery that can not be charged or replaced. If charging is over, you will have to buy a new brush.
Important! In order to understand which ultrasound brush is best for you, you must always take into account the selection criteria, the condition of your teeth and the budget.
So which one is better?
Consider in terms of value for money cleaning:
- If you are looking for a quality tool for brushing your teeth, but at the same time are limited in cash, then an electric toothbrush will be right for you.
- Ultrasound model is several times more expensive, but at the same time, the quality of cleaning teeth is also higher.
Important! Ultrasonic brush has many contraindications. Due to this, the electrical model is safer to use.
The choice of a toothbrush is a pledge of healthy and proper care for the oral cavity, so it is very important not to lose. Always use the above tips, and you will be the owner of a healthy and beautiful smile, without resorting to the constant services of dentists.
The benefits and harms, the pros and cons
Many dentists recommend just such a modern novelty among toothbrushes, as it has obvious advantages over others:
- movements of the bristles are thought out in detail, which prevents any errors in the cleaning process,
- high efficiency of treatment of tissues of the oral cavity, which is noticeable even in the light whitening result,
- ultrasound waves destroy all pathogenic bacteria,
- toothpaste needs a bit, as it is additionally whipped due to the action of impulses,
- in addition to direct purification and softening of plaque, ultrasound contributes to the improved penetration of all therapeutic components of the paste into the deeper layers of hard tissue,
- such a device helps to clean the teeth even with installed orthodontic structures,
- a therapeutic effect is also produced on the gums, which accelerates blood flow, regeneration and metabolic processes,
- An analgesic effect on the teeth and mucous is observed,
- it can be used even in cases of hyperesthesia.
Due to these beneficial effects of the ultrasonic brush, it is possible to prevent a multitude of dental diseases. But, like any device, there are some drawbacks:
- if you do not take into account contraindications, you can get the opposite effect - destroyed enamel, dropped seals and other problems,
- their cost is much higher than simple electric models.
Instructions for use
You need to get used to the ultrasound model. We describe how to properly use these products:
- Before turning on, make sure the device is charged or connected.
- Clean your teeth twice a day - in the morning and in the evening. Pastes use a little.
- Mentally divide the jaw into three zones. Process each of them until the signal appears about the transition to a new section. Usually, it is 40-60 seconds.
- It is necessary to influence the bristles on the entire surface of hard tissues, and also slightly affect the gums, cleansing and massaging them.
- After switching off the device, rinse the brush head under running water and dry it.
- The oral cavity also needs to be rinsed thoroughly, washing away the destroyed plaque and food particles from the surfaces.
Which toothbrush is better - ultrasonic or electric?
The ultrasound model is considered a variation of the electrical options, because it also charges from the mains or batteries. But their similarity ends there, since surface treatment is based on different effects.
Thus, the mechanical movements of the bristles in the electric version is the only thing that can be counted on. In ultrasound models, however, the main functions are disinfecting, antibacterial, splitting plaque, stimulating metabolic processes and the work of blood vessels in soft tissues.
Electrical models have almost no contraindications, except as the age of children under three years. But ultrasonic brushes can be used by no means everyone, you should consult a dentist for their use. If you have problems with gums or enamel, side effects may occur, which will be difficult to get rid of.
If the electric brush is able to eliminate plaque by machining certain areas, the ultrasonic reaches even hard-to-reach places and affects not only where it touches the enamel, but also another 4 mm around it.
Thus, we can conclude that ultrasound models have the best cleansing effect, but only if there are no contraindications to their use. In other situations, it makes sense to stop the choice on an electric model or even a simple brush without a motor.
The cost of such devices to care for the oral cavity is the highest among any similar. You can pay for them from 3000 to 12 000 rubles - depending on the chosen model, company and supplier.
But such a price is justified by their therapeutic and prophylactic effect, which cannot be compared with any other purifying devices.
Video: how does an ultrasonic toothbrush work?
As soon as I found out about such a brush, I immediately decided to purchase it. But since she was dear, she had to wait for the right moment to give herself such a miracle. Now even the dentist is surprised at the constant cleanliness of my teeth and their good condition.
Always used the services of dentists for regular professional cleaning. But after I bought an ultrasonic brush, this procedure is no longer needed. A nice addition was the whitening effect.
I would hardly have bought such a brush myself, but they gave it to me. Long got used to how to use and yet adapted. It turned out that this is a good thing, as the teeth really cleaned better than usual. True, now I’m afraid that because of this, the old filling will not take off.